· fixed a bug causing tree leaves to look transparent
· fixed a bug that prevented uploading of rendered videos to Social Club when attaching certain music tracks
· fixed for clip capture "OFF" slowdowns occurring when near water's edge
· exposed "detonate" in custom key mapping options menu for Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned so users can remap "down" arrow key
Rockstar Games Social Club:
· Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application
· Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game
· Social Club login now occurs during the launch process Shadows
· A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented
· Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)
· Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows
· User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control
· Improved memory management Multiplayer -Enhanced security to isolate users from cheaters and hackers Episodic Content
· Provide in-game support to purchase "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" (Not available in Russian/Japanese Versions)
· Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am
· Fix floating street textures
· Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping
· The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases
· Fixed garbled text in Japanese Multiplayer menus
· "RESC 10" error fix for specific hardware configurations
· Convert all region SKU's into the same SKU.
· Include support for all languages within single exe.
· Allow controls to be double mapped on keyboard.
· Added option in controls menu to disable mouse controls in helicopters.
· Adjust keyboard control sensitivity in hood cam view in vehicles.
· Security Updates to deter cheating in multiplayer.
· Hosts can now immediately Kick users from their games in Lobby and in game via Cell phone without having to rely on peer voting.
· Fixed a bug in Cops 'n Crooks mode where Host would drop out and prevent remaining players from leaving game.
· It contains a small maintenance update.
GRAPHICS FIXES / ADDITIONS:
· Added "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality" and "Reflection Resolution" sliders in graphics menu.
· Added "Definition" and "VSync" toggles in graphics menu.
· Rendering optimizations.
· VSync optimizations.
· Nvidia 7000 series
· Mirrors fixed
PATCH 1 FIXES:
· Direct input device support is now disabled by default and can only be enabled with the commandline: "-usedirectinput"
· Logitech Dual Action
· Logitech RumblePad 2
· Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
· Saitek P2500
· Note: Controls are unmapped, user must map controls using Manufacturer's mapping software.
· Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
· Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel
· Logitech MOMO Racing
· MOMO Force
· Driving Force Pro
· Driving Force
· Formula Force
· Added Commandline "-notimefix" which will help some users who are experiencing the fast/slow gameplay issue after patch 1 was applied.
· Fixed a bug that caused some users to experience endless looping audio effects after Patch 1 was applied.
· Benchmark was disabling sounds after Patch 1 was applied, this is now fixed.
· Unable to load game fixed - For some users, a DOS window would open and close immediately upon Game Launch, GTA IV would never launch.
· Hang on Initial Game Loading Screen fixed - Some users experienced Character Art Loading screens in an endless loop.
· Certain causes of the RESC10 error have been fixed (Alt-Tab, change resolution). If you experience an RESC10 error, you must restart.
· Certain Instances of the "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" error have been fixed.
· Naming clips is now mandatory on Export
· Legitimate players being kicked from Multiplayer matches has been fixed.
GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
· Wireless 360 controllers not functioning - Triggers were full on/off, fixed.
· In the Options menu accessed from the Title Screen a “Game” section has been added with the ability to turn Clip capture on/off.
· Fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
· Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better FX during replays
· Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice
· Fix for ATI 1900 shadows
· Overall savings to memory
· Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors
· Multiplayer character settings are preserved