· explore_farm_animals: Learn about farm animals, what sounds they make, and interesting facts.
· explore_world_animals: Learn about world animals, interesting facts and their location on a map.
· explore_world_music: Learn about the music of the world.
· note_names: Learn the names of the notes, in bass and treble clef, with the help of sounds and colors
· piano_composition: An activity to learn how the piano keyboard works, how notes are written on a musical staff and explore music composition by loading and saving your work.
· play_piano: Learn to play melodies on the piano keyboard!
· play_rhythm: Learn to listen to, read, and play musical rhythms.
· geography: removed sublevels, reworked and fixed many maps
· removed the libgnet dependency.
· core, bug fix, in case an actvity is removed from GCompris, the wrong activity was removed from the database. core, bug fix, broken lang selector for catalan
· python api documentation updated.
· sudoku, level 5 was broken
· chess, on linux we can build the internal gnuchess
· scalesboard, little graphic improvement
· fifteen activity, improved background
· sudoku, graphical improvement with a new background from openclipart.
· SDL Audio backend (used on Windows). Added support for the play and interrupt mode, sounds will be more responsive now.
· geography, new asia map level.
· New activity named mining: Use the mousewheel to approach the rockwall an look for gold nuggets.
· Maze activities: added sport shoes to Tux to indicating the "run_fast"-mode Matilda Bernard: Matilda developed 5 new activities during her Google Summer of Code 2012: - color_mix: To understand color mixing.
· color_mix_light: Understanding mixing of colors of light.
· intro_gravity: Introduction to the concept of gravity land_safe: Understanding acceleration due to gravity.
· place_your_satellite: Understanding effect of mass and distance on orbital velocity.
· Updated Bulgarian translation
· Louis_braille activity: fixed a wrong fact
· Updated French translation
· Management of sounds in the bar. removed the bleep and play the level in interrupt mode.
· Wordsgame: fixed hungarian word dataset, the level 2 was missing. It made reading activities crashing in Hungarian.
· Braille_alphabets: fixed level with numbers, was generating a python error.
· Geo_country: added India by Matilda Bernard
· Wordgame: improved the hungarian list of words by Somlai Istvan
· Geo_country: added Australia by Matilda Bernard
· Geography: fixed reference to audio files for sudan and congo.
· Geography activity: fixed naming of burkina to always be 'burkina faso' - Geography-activity: fixed the name of antartica to be properly spelled as antarctica.
· Instrument activity: fixed wrong instrument bass drum was really a snare drum.
· Lang activity: reworked the number level using images from wikicommons.
· Lang activity: inprogress, added many images.
· Lang activity: now play the sounds in interrupt mode, better user experience.
· Lang activity: added hightlighs on buttons.
· Instruments activities: fixed makefiles.
· Core: fixed the command line option --difficulty which was not working.
· Core: added the command line option --disable-database
· Electric: cleanup, removed unused image.
· Electric: added a red led. replaces the diode.
· Electric: fixed a simulation issue. there was a missing recalculation when a component blows up. - Electric: now each wire is draw with a random color.
· Administration: performance improvement in board selection / deselection
· Core: in case no activities are selected display a nice error message.
· Windows build: upgraded to gtk+-bundle_2.24.10-20120208
· Core: size optimization of all png images with optipng -o7 (30MB size reduction)
· Merge branch 'git://git.sugarlabs.org/alsroot/gcompris.git' for Sugar
· Tools: added a tool to display the list of missing voices of a given language.
· Tools: Improved gimp script foo by Angel Ivan Moreno
· Animation activity: fixed the implementation of the z order management.
· Windows: upgraded to gtk+-bundle_2.24.10-20120208 This fixes an issue in which users on Windows XP with a 16 bits display color depth could not start GCompris.
· Updated Traditional Chinese translation
· Updated German translation
Claude Paroz, Bruno Brouard:
· Updated French translation
· Updated Spanish translation
· Updated Galician translations
· Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes: - Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation
· Updated Hungarian translation by Istvan Somlai.
· Fix up previous translation
· Updated Japanese translation
· Updated Danish translation
Karl Ove Hufthammer:
· Updated Norwegian Nynorsk translation.
· Lavanya gunasekarancore: no more crash if we fail to write to the database.
· Marek Cernocky Updated Czech translation
Matej Urbancic, Martin Srebotnjak:
· Updated Slovenian translation
· Geo_country: added china countries.
· Drawnumber activity; now the dots are in random orders each time we play this activity.
· Update Japanese translation
· Updated POTFILES.in
· Gcompris Malayalam translations updated by gcompris Malayalam
· Translation updates from Sadiq
· Wordprocessor activity: added support for setting hyperlinks
· Money activity: the bonus lost is now displayed in case the children click ok and the answer it wrong.
· Updated Greek translation
· Updated Serbian translation
· Italian voices: voice set has been cleaned (removed noises).
· English voices: Julia Wycherley sent us some updated voices.
· New Hungarian intro sound files from Istvan Somlai
· Added latvian translation
· windows installer: fixed a potential directory erasing at uninstall or reinstall time. Properly erase all our files at unistallation time
· windows: updated the compilation chain for windows to compile against GTK 2.24
· desktop entry: Added the Education category
· compilation: Added ifdefs to compile with gdkpixbuf > 2.24 by Hans de Goede
· guessnumber: fixed a potential crash at exit time. Give focus on the entry box.
· braille fun: added audio feedback.
· braille alphabet: improved to audio play the letter to find
· braille lotto: fixed not to go back to the main menu at the end. Improved it a little bit the layour to accomodate with longer translated text. Added sound effects.
· shapegame: Fixed a random crash in shapegame activities that happened while dragging a piece. Minor, now clicking on the left/right image selector does not trig the ok check.
· findit: Fixed to run on Windows 7
· clockgame: the first levels now highlight the hour sectors to make them easier to recognize and to teach. (By Angelo Naselli)
· instruments activity: added a check for sound availability in the icon menu. Now the background music is muted when entering this activity.
· memory: minor fix in memory activity to fix their reference to their mandatory audio file. Without this, a little audio error does appear at run time in the activity icon.
· Updated Estonian translation by Olle Niit
· Updated Serbian translation
· wordlist in Spanish: added more words to the spanish list. By Germana Oliveira
· Updated French translation, there was a string with the text being there twice causing the gnumch activity to have the text over sized and unreadable.
· By Hans de Goede rsvg: fixed deprecated issue releated to rsvg. wordsgame: manage depracation of the g_mutex_lock versus g_static_mutex_lock cleanup, replaced deprecated g_strcasecmp by g_ascii_strcasecmp wordsgame activity: fixed race conditions
· minor: made bigger icons to avoid pixelized icon in desktop task switchers.
· hangman: unsupported locale in GCompris was making this activity crash. fixes bug https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=662576
· core: now handle the 'C' locale as en_US Currently a 'C' locale was interpreted in GCompris by Catalan.
· Updated Albanian translation by Abdulsalem Osmani
· Fixed spelling mistake in Norwegian Nynorsk by Karl Ove Hufthammer
· Updated Greek translation for gcompris by Yannis Kaskamanidis
· Updated Slovenian translation by Matej Urbančič
· Updated Czech translation by Marek Černocký
· Updated German translation by Mario Blättermann
· Updated Turkish translation by Muhammet Kara
· Updated Spanish translation by Daniel Mustieles
· Updated Spanish translation by Daniel Mustieles
· A set of activities to discover the Braille system. They have been made by Srishti Sethi this summer (part of the Gnome Summer of Code)
· The history of Louis Braille
· Discover the Braille system
· Training using a funny game, like falling letters but with Braille
· Braille lotto to remember Braille numbers.
· click on letter uppercase: same as click on letter but with only upperi case. Now the old activity 'click on letter' poposes only lower case.
· erase activity: added new animals from picture by Adrien Grellier and Claire Gegout from their Antarctic trip.
· shapegame activities: now we display the ok button when all shapes are placed even with errors We also show a red cross indicating the children errors. Thanks to Arnaud Limon for the suggestion.
· Fixed a potential crash when a piece was overwritten by another in their wrong position.
· Changed the combo locale system to display the language in their textual form instead of their locale code. Maintain them sorted to make it even easier to use. Now activites with locale configuration use this feature.
· Mostly full rewrite of the click on letter activity to allow a specific configuration per language and per user.
· Now this activity takes a desktop formated file as input. It contains for each level the questions and answers characters to propose. This file can be edited in the game through the config button, in this case a local data file is save under the user's My GCompris folder and is reused.
· Now for each country we must provide a data file, this is much better than before where it was fully random and was not respecting the natural difficulties of a language. If this file is missing we create the level automatically from the alphabet (or from the English one for Latin based alphabet) now display the text of the question if we cannot play it for any reason which makes this activity playable even if we don't have the voice set or the sound is disabled. Also if one letter is missing from the voice set it remains playable.
· Improved the graphics. based on an openclipart image. Splitted click on letter in two activities, on with lowercase one with uppercase as suggested by Sylvain Dechy.
memory sound activity:
· the tux band background image with the bsd devil is considered offensive in some country. Now the bsd devil looks less like a devil and more like a red little boy. - wordsgame activity: changed the text color of the falling words to be back and white I found out that reading text in color other than black and white is very hard.
· In login.py and tuxpaint, reactivated the config button that was missing.
· memory activity: fixed several potential crash cases when the memory was run with sound disabled.
· Now in the hangman, we display the name of the current language.
· Advanced color activity: fixed color names not to include _ when composed of 2 names.
· Fixed the 2 click drag mode ( run it with gcompris -g 2clicks).
· no more ask several times a missing answer at the end of the level - geo-country activity: added the italian country map with 3 sub levels, north, central and south. bar: added the keyboard shortcut ctrl-b do hide/show the GCompris control bar. Now when changing the level, the sound is played before starting the activity in order not to flush the own activity sound.
· remade this activity based on the new findit engine.
Fixed the TajMahal level. References to images was wrong. Voices:
· New voice set for Thai by Thummarat Phromphing - English voices: new recordset of our english voices by Julia Wycherley with the help of Philip Morris. Internal changes: - core: added the option gcompris --test that runs all the activities automatically in sequecnce. This is usefull only for test purpose. Added the key shortcuts in the manual.
core python plugin:
· added support for multi python dir path. Can be used useful in init_path.sh for example to pass several directory, one with a plugin engine and one derivative. - build: preparation for a port to GTK3. Now compiles with CFLAGS+="-DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED"