New in version 2.2September 30th, 2013
- Updated AA, SSAO and HUD-less screenshot functionality to be compatible with latest Dark Souls version
- Screenshots are now stored as PNG
- Reduced number of state changes with AA and SSAO enabled
- Added “VSSAO2″ advanced AO option (based on a configuration contributed by Asmodean)
New in version 2.1 (September 26th, 2013)
- Made FPS unlocking compatible with the updated version of Dark Souls released 2 days ago
- Added a configurable pause key (built for taking nice action screenshots. Don’t try to use online. May break stuff horribly)
- Changed frame rate calculation to perhaps prevent rare 59 FPS issue when playing for a long time
New in version 2.0.1 (December 21st, 2012)
- Fixed issue introduced with the HUD modifications
New in version 2.0 (December 21st, 2012)
- Updated the framerate unlock feature to work with the patched version of the game (Nwks)
- Updated post-processing AA to work with the patched version of the game
- Fixed an issue where hudless screenshots would sometimes not correctly capture some effects
- Added “presentWidth” and “presentHeight” to the .ini for full control over (windowed) downsampling. For example, if you want to downsample from 2560×1440 to 1080p, you would use renderWidth 2560, renderHeight 1440, presentWidth 1920 and presentHeight 1080. If none of that makes sense to you just leave these values at 0
New in version 1.9 (October 26th, 2012)
- Added 2 new ambient occlusion algorithms: HBAO and SCAO. However, the existing VSSAO is still the best option in terms of visuals/performance.
- Added a scale option for ambient occlusion on lower-end systems. Also useful if you want to downscale from a high resolution but not compute the SSAO at that resolution. This option works for all AO algorithms.
- Disabled hotkeys when Dark Souls is not active. Previously, you could e.g. toggle the frame rate limit or take screenshots inadvertently when DS was not the active window.
- Reinstated the texture filtering option with slightly better implementation.
- Small bug fixes in frame rate limits calculation.
- Rework WindowManager::resize to center the window along with resizing, and call on startup. Also fix small style issue with the borderless fullscreen toggle (wT)
New in version 1.8 (October 21st, 2012)
- Added an FXAA option in addition to SMAA. FXAA is blurrier, but also deals with sub-pixel aliasing better because of that. It’s also very slightly cheaper in terms of performance.
- Added the ability to bind a key to toggle a 30 FPS limit for a short time. By default it’s bound to backspace. This is useful to fix issues with the FPS unlock, see below.
- Greatly improved depth usage in the SSAO shader. This means that the SSAO effect is now more stable at different distances from objects.
New in version 1.7 (October 1st, 2012)
- Re-implemented the FPS limiter. It’s quite exact now and also performed at a better point in time (before presenting the frame)
- Made frame period calculation (for animation) slightly more exact
- Added FPS thresholding for SMAA. What this means is that you can supply a value – say 45 FPS – and if the game is in danger of dropping below that, SMAA will be disabled. It will be re-enabled once the framerate is safely above the threshold again.
New in version 1.5 (September 24th, 2012)
- Fixed an issue with SSAO being rendered on top of particle effects/fog/water, instead of below them.
- Improved the method used to determine when in the render pipeline to apply SMAA/SSAO, and also included more robust renderstate management. (This may fix the random display corruption issue people have been sporadically reporting ever since SMAA was included)
- Tweaked the SSAO parameters a bit
- New features:
- As many modders requested, you can now load .dds texture overrides in addition to .png
- It is now possible to set the desired target FPS of the game in the .ini
New in version 1.4 (September 15th, 2012)
- Textures with a hash code starting with 0 will now be correctly named when dumped and loaded when overriden (with prefix 0s). Every hash is 8 charaters long.
- Fixed the cause of the latest fullscreen alt-tab crash (hopefully).
- Fixed modified HUD performance, particularly in conjunction with SMAA and VSSAO.
- The performance impact should now be negligible.
- Fixed modified HUD not showing effects like poison or bleeding correctly.