Take on the role of the world's most famous Super Hero, Marvel's Spider-Man, and one of his most menacing nemeses, Venom, in an original storyline written and illustrated by the creative team behind the best-selling Ultimate Spider-Man comic book series.
These three boss characters, Goblin, Beetle and Rhino, offered a groovy sampling of what to expect from the rest of the encounters. But for those who know next to nothing about Ultimate Spider-Man, here's a brief introduction.
It's basically a retelling of the original Spider-Man, only pumped full of pop-culture references and sporting new super-slick character design. Everyone from Rhino and Goblin to Spidey himself benefit from a fresh layer of cool.
There are also a lot of hidden secrets to be found that can include a number of things such as unlockable Spidey art. Many of these tasks seem to revolve around rescuing people in distress of some sort and taking them to safety.
These tasks may seem menial, but the help players practice their Spidey-skills as well as offer a number of different ways to experience the world of a crime-fighting superhero. The great thing is it is up to players to decide just how involved with these side missions they want to get or not.
Here are some key features of "Ultimate Spider-Man":
· For the first time in a Spider-Man game, gamers get to play both sides as they triumph over evil as Spider-Man and assume the role of the super villain Venom, rampaging through Manhattan as they destroy everything in their path
· The two distinct combat systems allow players to defeat enemies differently, using spider-man's fluid, acrobatic moves or venom's brute force
· Experience a living comic book with the innovative 3d comic inking technology
· Unique animated comic book panels move the story along
· Move through a detailed environment and sense danger from multiple perspectives
· Prepare for an all-new, feature-packed adventure with classic comic book elements
· Deepest spider-man game ever expanded free-roaming environment includes the addition of queens
· Enhanced combat system lets players use the environment to pull off exciting new moves
· More spider-man universe characters than ever before
· The most authentic spider-man experience to date
· Story and illustration by Brian Michael bendis and mark Bagley, the force behind the ultimate spider-man comic book series
· All-new spider-mann story is revealed as the game picks up where the comic book left off.