TC:E is a modern world total conversion modification of the free, popular, stand-alone third-person shooter Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. That is, TC:E is an entirely free game, made by gamers, for gamers.
TC:E is currently being developed by GrooveSix Studios and TeamTerminator. While TeamTerminator is known for the famous Q3 based TrueCombat series, GrooveSix Studios was initiated by retired TeamTerminator co-founder Coroner to develop a Return to Castle Wolfenstein modification that is not released. Thus, as very experienced Q3-based content creators, we hope to be able to serve the gaming community with a quality offering never done before.
Now, the most important question: "What can you expect from TC:E?" TC:E is a tactical-team shooter, set up in a modern-world environment. TC:E puts you into the role of elite mercenary soldier in the conflicts of two internationally operating forces.
SpecOps vs. Terrors
The Global Intervention Force (GIF626) is a special force formed of the top of the world experts joining from US Delta force, UK SAS, German KSK and GSG9, to mention a few. An international mercenary organization known as "The Unit" is their opponent. It is reported that some of these dudes are were once with the above forces, but the lure of money is strong.
Here are some key features of "TrueCombat Elite":
· Texture Tone Mapping
· HDR Lighting
· Realistic scaling
· High quality sounds (44khz)
· rich, deluxe graphics, based on high-resolution digital-camera shots
· Letterbox & widescreen modes - TrueVision
· Dynamic Eye Adaption - DynEA
· Cross Platform Gaming (Win, OS X, Linux)
· tactical-teamplay oriented, modern-world combat simulation
· realistic weapon behavior simulation
· iron sight aiming system, no crosshair
· sophisticated ballistic simulation including multiple-layer object penetration
· professional mode: 1-life, short-timed, objective driven scenarios in realistic environments
· bodycount mode: team deathmatch style, gametype to relax?
· Reinforced OBJ, as Capture the Flag in stock maps
· balanced, team specific set of real-world weapons (Beretta 92, Glock 19, Ump45, Mac-10, M4, Ak-47, and more)
· Free climb
· lag compensation, client-side bullet prediction, punkbuster support
· immersive and lethal, fast-paced action"