One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. Based on New Line Cinema's film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic fantasy novel, The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King video game will put the fate of Middle-earth in the hands of the gamer. In the final installment of the blockbuster movie trilogy, players must destroy the One Ring by casting it into the Crack of Doom, freeing Middle-earth from the clutches of the Dark Lord Sauron.
EA's second The Lord of the Rings; action-adventure game, The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King, will allow players to journey through multiple gameplay paths, taking control of the motion picture trilogys heroes. Defend the walls of Minas Tirith as Gandalf, raise the Army of the Dead as Aragorn, Legolas or Gimli, and with Frodo and Sam, deliver the ring to the fiery depths of Mount Doom.
Based on the environments from the upcoming movie, The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the Kings third person gameplay will include immersive action and adventure elements set in rich, interactive levels. An all-new multiplayer co-op mode will let players form their own Fellowship before embarking on their journey through Middle-earth into the heart of Mount Doom.
Here are some key features of "The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King":
· Join the Fellowship Nine playable characters, including Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Sam, and Frodo with exclusive voice-over provided by the films actors.
· Form Your Own Fellowship Team up with a companion in all-new co-op Multiplayer mode-fight side-by-side to defeat Sauron's horde and ensure the destruction of The One Ring.
· Explore Middle-earth Featuring fifteen environments authentically reproduced from the The Lord of the Ring's films. Traverse the Paths of the Dead, defend Minas Tirith, and battle Saurons forces on the Pelennor Fields before the final confrontations at the Black Gate and the Crack of Doom.
· Wide-Open Action Third-person action/adventure gameplay incorporates three different character paths to follow through the storyline.
· Fully Interactive Worlds Incorporate environmental elements into your strategies for both melee and ranged combat. Fire catapults, pick up and use weapons in the field, and use objects in the environment.
· Battle the Forces of Evil Fight vicious foes including Shelob, the Witch King, Sauron's Lieutenant, and many more.
· Play the Movie Live out the final installment in the trilogy with seamless movie-to-game transitions and footage from all three of the The Lord of the Rings movies.