From the far corners of Eriador in Middle-earth, new adventurers are coming forward to face the growing evil in the west.
The forces of Mordor are mobilizing, the Nazg'l hunt for the One Ring, and the land itself is in peril. Into this world come new adventurers: Men, Dwarves, Elves and even Hobbits.
Working together in small and large groups, they will explore the world, and drive back the forces of Sauron. Or build their home and hearth. Or toss back a friendly pint at the local inn, accompanied by song and tale. Or craft mithril swords for others to wield. For this is the world of Middle-earth, your home in the world of Tolkien. It is entirely your choice!
Here are some key features of "The Lord of the Rings Online":
· Harvesting gameplay to support player created items. Players can harvest a variety of raw materials that can be used to create more powerful weapons and armors, and even food or decorative items. High end crafters can create the most interesting items in the game.
· Players can select from a variety of roles, and then eventually specializations, for their character. Within those templates, players have choice of the direction of the development of their character. Players can re-specialize if they decide to change direction at a later date.
· Player owned housing. Players can earn the right to purchase race-specific dwellings. They can then decorate their dwelling and use it for socialization.
· Players can form Fellowships of up to 9 characters for short-term adventuring. · Players can also join a Kinship of characters, marry another character or even adopt them as your children.
· Fierce combat against the denizens of Middle-earth. The combat system has an unique blend of gameplay elements, and gives room for the players skill without overwhelming the player or falling prey to the latency issues of the Internet.