This is a of virtual joystick device that is seen by the system as a standard joystick but its position-data is written to it by a client application.
An existing client application that takes advantage of this product is SmartPropoPlus. If you are a beginner in device drivers you can take this code and enhance it to support more (or less) axes, buttons or POVs.
Here are some key features of "vJoy":
· Virtual Device and device driver
· PPJoy replacement
· Configurable: Up to 8 axes, up to 32 buttons and optional POV Hat Switch
· Package include: Unified x86+x64 installer
· Download-able: Full sources, Demo client application, documentation
· Typical audience: Application writers that want to emulate joystick behavior