Wintermute Engine Development Kit is a set of tools for creating and running graphical adventure games.
The kit includes the runtime interpreter (Wintermute Engine, or WME) and GUI editors for managing and creating the game content (WME tools) as well as this documentation, demonstrational data and prefabricated templates.
Here are some key features of "Wintermute Engine Development Kit":
· Multiple layered parallax scrolling for scenes
· 3D accelerated rendering subsystem. It allows faster drawing and advanced graphical effects such as transparency, alpha blending and antialiasing. WME also provides non-accelerated renderer for compatibility with older video adapters (with advanced effects disabled)
· Virtually any resolution is supported; user selectable color depth (either 16bit or 32bit, the engine handles the color conversion automatically)
· Actors can move up to 8 directions
· Flexible object-oriented scripting language
· Real-time 3D characters support
· User-interface layer
· Video playback
· GUI tools helping you to create the game content; template-based project manager
· Scalable game deployment using the package system
· Localization support
· Accessibility support
· Plugin support
· OS: Win 98/98SE/Me/XP/2000/Vista
· pproximately 50 MB of free disk space
· 3D accelerated video card compatible with DirectX 8
· DirectX 8.0 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New methods for setting effect parameters from scripts: actor3d.SetEffectParam(), actor3d.SetEffectParamVector(), actor3d.SetEffectParamColor().
· New script method for retrieving 3D light position: Scene.GetLightPosition().
· When using the "maintain aspect ratio" feature in full-screen, mouse pointer is confined within the visible area and it no longer hides underneath the black borders.
· FIX: Crash when using Game.NumItems before any other inventory-related method.
· FIX: Occasional crash when frequently changing talking sprite of an entity.
· FIX: Black frames briefly displayed in the beginning of theora video playback.