Shane's Chess Information Database (Scid) is a powerful Chess Toolkit that can help you to create a huge chess database, run engine analysis and even play casual games against the computer or online. Scid vs. PC is a bug-fix and usability tool for Scid.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Drag and Drop file open(s) on Windows and Unix
· Custom background images (jpegs, gifs and pngs)
· Random sort pgn feature.
· Crosstable now have +/-/= subtotals
· and Player Stats format changed from +/=/- to +/-/=).
· General PGN search has ignore case option
· Board Search gets it's combobox updated when DBs are opened and closed.
· Save game before PGN Import
· Save game: enable the use of 'prev game tags' for existing games. This allows easy addition of the same tags to consecutive existing games.
· Remove the 'Scid: ' prefix from several window titles
· Update some translations
· Show Linux version/distro in the startup window.
· Add a patch to make toolbar buttons raise only (instead of toggle open/shut)
· Add a patch for Chess960 support (from Ben Hague).
· UCI: properly handle UCI buttons. Previously they were invoked at every engine restart.
· Right clicking 'Add Var' button adds Engine Score comment only.
· Replace ponder on/off with hard/easy for xboard engines
· Super quick engine infos can happen before Scid's PV is inited properly. So we have to default to PV = 1
· Allow xboard engines to use lowercase 'b' for bishop promotion (eg a7b8b)
· Don't send an erroneous 'isready' (with 'uci') to quiet analysis engines
· Right clicking the widget allows to disable line wrapping
· Don't add a line to analysis history if moves are null
· Move ECO stats to the end of line.
· Several Mask refinements - notably Searches are much more readable and previously clicking on searched lines didn't work
· Fix up minor bugs about castling moves (OO, O-O, O-O-O)
· Computer Tournament Book feature
· Dont' kill tournament if engine crashes.
· Only pack the first 10 engine combos (which allows for big tournaments)
· Fix up Xboard time/move command order. Xboard engines should behave much better.
· Various other tweaks
· Show altered games in red.
· Control-wheelmouse scrolls up/down one page.
· Switcher now has text on two lines (if icons are shown).
· Digital clocks now (optionally) on the main board
· Better integration of FICS "examine" and "observe" features
· FICS has it's own options menu
· bind F9 to xtell instead of tell.
· Change the move.wav sound from tick-tock to a short click.
· Filter graph bugfix
· Material Search properly shows the little buttons
· Copy and Paste text from disabled OSX text widgets (engines, help, gameinfo)
· Buttons 2 and 3 are swapped around
· Work arounds for wish 8.5.12 and 8.5.8 issues
· Analysis logs can badly break autoscroll, so use normal frames and scrollbars.
· Handle PGN parsing of unspecified promotions (b8 becomes b8=Q , for eg).