Python is a remarkably powerful dynamic programming language that is used in a wide variety of application domains. Python is often compared to Tcl, Perl, Ruby, Scheme or Java.
Python will allow you to write the code you need, quickly. And, thanks to a highly optimized byte compiler and support libraries, Python code runs more than fast enough for most applications.
Here are some key features of "Python":
· very clear, readable syntax
· strong introspection capabilities
· intuitive object orientation
· natural expression of procedural code
· full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
· exception-based error handling
· very high level dynamic data types
· extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
· extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
· embeddable within applications as a scripting interface