This program was created so that it would be a whole lot easier to install custom vehicles and mods so that you can easily expand the world of GTA (GTA3 and GTA Vice City).
NOTE: This beta does not support backups for GXT files (if you restore a backup (uninstall a mod), the GXT file will not be changed back) and it does not support all the features that will be available in the final version.
Here are some key features of "GTA Mod Installer":
- Install Mods Using Script Files
- Install Vehicles
- GXT Support. You can now edit GXT files for custom car names, or any other text for other mods. NOTE: This beta does not backup edited GXT files.
- New and much easier backup restoring. It displays a list of all backups in your GTA folder and lets you choose one to restore.
- Improved automatic update. Now it automatically checks for updates every five days.
- Built-in DMagic1 Wheel Mod installation. If the user doesn't have it installed, GMI will install it automatically (no download required).
- Ability to restart GMI automatically after installing a mod (for installing multiple mods).
- GTA Mod Installer's version is now stored in scripts for mods. This ensures that the mod can't be installed with an older, incompatible version of GMI (starts with v5.0).
- Detects if backup folder already exists. If so, the user is asked if they want to overwrite the existing backup.
- Optional ability to automatically remove a backup folder (and files) for a mod after restoring the backup.
- Other miscel...