Deadly Alien Map Editor is a tilemap editing tool that works for almost any type of 2D game engine.
It will support many features like the ability to write your own exporter script using Lua, so that you can export to any format you like - code, XML, some other weird format.
It also has support for full object scaling and rotation and dynamic properties so that it's easy to create some truly dynamic maps!
Here are some key features of "Deadly Alien Map Editor":
· Tilemap editing for 2D and isometric tilemaps as well as tiles with "height".
· Tile matrix to make it easy to place blocks of tiles using customisable autotiling algorithm.
· Drawing on tiles and sprites directly within the editor.
· Tile brushes.
· Reload tile map images while in the editor.
· Sprites (animated and from sprite sheets).
· Sprite animation editing.
· Paths - polygons and splines.
· Path instancing and attaching sprites to paths.
· Textboxes supporting all system fonts and bitmap fonts.
· Add links between objects to easily set up triggering.
· Shapes (box and circle) so you can set up triggers or whatever you want.
· Can write custom exporters using Lua and some DAME functions.
· Pre existing exporters and samples for both flixel and flashPunk frameworks. And an xml exporter too.
· Maps can be resized with ability to choose placement in real-time.
· Supports jpg,png and bmp.
· Custom properties tied to maps, tiles, sprites and any object you place down.
· Snap to grid.
· Multiple layers, including grouping.
· Add image layers to use as a guideline for your tiles and sprite placement.
· Onion skin option.
· Scaling and rotating.
· Undo, copy and paste.
· Import parts of other DAME projects into the current one being edited.
· Add bookmarks so you can quickly navigate around huge maps.
· Add sprite trails to automatically populate paths with sprites.
· Select, copy, paste, move, scale your tilemap tiles in real-time.
· Animating tiles.
· Choice of themes.
· Rip tilemaps from images.
· Share spritelists with multiple projects.
· OS: Windows Vista/7