DarkRadiant is a customised version basing on GtkRadiant designed for use with the upcoming Dark Mod, a Thief-inspired modification of the Doom 3 game engine. The project is open source (written in C++).
Massive improvements have been made since development started: a good deal of the code has already been refactored, improved or fully replaced by superior code.
The goal is to provide the Dark Mod fan-mission community with a capable and easy-to-use editor. To achieve this, specialised plugins are being developed to assist Dark Mod mappers with tackling the complex mission creating tasks - we already have Dark Mod-specific plug-ins for editing Stim/Response, Objectives, Difficulty Settings and Conversations.
Here are some key features of "DarkRadiant":
· Highlights include the new or improved browsers for textures, models and skins as well as sound shaders.
· Texture Manipulation tools have been vastly improved and make seamless texturing a matter of seconds.
· A completely new U/V editor for patches is also included.
· All Inspectors have been redesigned/rewritten.
· Light volumes and vertices of projected/point lights are draggable and so on and so forth.
· OS: Windows Vista/7
· Doom 3
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release contains a fix for a subtle but serious data corruption bug which caused non-worldspawn brush geometry to become corrupted after multiple save operations.