Dan Gordon is widely regarded as one of the three best handicappers in the sports world and has a winning record as a professional sports bettor for over two decades.
His sports betting columns have appeared in the New York Daily News, San Francisco Examiner, Boston Herald, Log Angeles Herald Examiner, College and Pro Football Weekly and other newspapers and magazines and he served as handicapping consultant to Pete Axthelm of NBC, ESPN and Inside Sports Magazine for seven years. His latest book Beat the Sports Books - An insider’s guide to betting the NFL is a seminal work in football betting.
Betting the NFL effectively requires a great deal of data and effort. This is new and simple to use tool for collecting NFL data can be use for maintaining and manipulating data and applying the many necessary calculations.
The ability to experiment with changes to the calculations and assumptions is also provided with instant recalculation of the tables for the entire season. As a result, calculations will take far less time and will likely be more accurate. Sports betting programs generally look for patterns and streaks just like progression system players trying to beat casinos.
This is easy but doesn't work. Every sport is different. DG-NFL weekly evaluates team performance and applies numerous emotional considerations to the next week's games. It then looks for errors in the book lines. This is how you find betting opportunities in pro football.
Here are some key features of "Dan Gordon's NFL Handicapping Companion":
· Automatic weekly update to 2009 scores and pro football handicapping data via the Internet. This includes phony wins, phony losses, sloppy wins, home advantage adjustments and mid-season team rankings.
· Auto weekly download of Dan’s subjective adjustments.
· Automatic calculation of number power ratings, letter power ratings, due ups/downs, projected lines and win percentages.
· Automatically makes weekly adjustments according to 13 rules from Beat the Sports Book.
· Automatic updates to schedules due to hurricanes, etc.
· Enormous user configurability. User can create his own tables, adjust formulas, change power numbers, letters, grades, edges, selectively activate rules, modify the effect of rules, add adjustments and the entire season is instantly recalculated.
· Windows Vista compliant.
· This is a living product and you can expect free software updates to this program during the season.
· OS: Win XP/Vista
· Nag Screen
· Limited functionality
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 2012 schedule changes