3DMark is the 2013 release of the famous benchmark that aims to test the performance of computer hardware. There are three different tests, each designed for a specific type of hardware ranging from smartphones to high-performance gaming PCs:
Ice Storm - For Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices
Cloud Gate - For Windows notebooks and home PCs
Fire Strike - For high performance Windows gaming PCs
NOTE: Besides the features of the Basic Edition, which is free, you can upgrade to other versions that have more features:
3DMark Advanced Edition - $24.99
- Run each test individually for faster benchmarking.
- Unlock the Fire Strike Extreme preset for extreme hardware.
- Explore your PC's performance limits with custom settings.
- Use benchmark looping for stability testing and burning in.
- Get in-depth insights with interactive performance graphs.
- Automatically save your results offline.
3DMark Professional Edition -$995.00
- Licensed for business and commercial use.
- Command line automation.
- Image Quality Tool.
- Private offline results option.
- Export results as XML.
Here are some key features of "3DMark":
· Includes all three tests: Ice Storm, Cloud Gate and Fire Strike.
· Test everything from tablets to gaming PCs.
· Easy to use, no technical know-how needed.
· Free online account to manage your results.
· OS: Windows Vista/7/8
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The Ice Storm Extreme benchmark test has been added to 3DMark Advanced Edition. Ice Storm Extreme is a Direct3D feature level 9 benchmark test for Windows tablets, ultrabooks and notebooks. Ice Storm Extreme raises the rendering resolution from 720p to 1080p and uses higher quality textures and post-processing effects in the graphics tests to create a more demanding load for the latest mobile devices. You can compare Ice Storm and Ice Storm Extreme scores from Windows and Android devices.
· 3DMark now works correctly on systems with up to four GPUs.
· Fixed the issue caused by Windows update KB2670838, which added partial DX11.1 support to Windows 7.
· Fixed a problem with the bloom post-processing effect when using very high rendering resolutions in custom settings.