Cars Incorporated 0.30 Alpha
A business simulation game about cars
You will be able to:
- Design your very own vehicles with the integrated Semi-Freeform-Editor. By moving the corner points you can create very individual car shapes.
- Develop the newest technologies or improve your existing ones, so you can stay ahead of your competition. But keep in mind that the newest technology is not necessarily better then it's perfected predecessor.
- Find the the ideal composition of your technologies. Would you rather have each part specialized to build the perfect car or do you prefer sharing as many components as possible throughout your product line.
- Build the best cars in their classes and conquer the market on all six continents. Become the greatest Car-Manufacturer of all times!
Will you be able to turn a profit with your car company?
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.34 Alpha
- New Features:
- The main change is a complete revamp of the way races work. From the looks of it you will probably not yet notice many differences as the visuals have not been touched. Or almost. What you probably will notice when you zoom in is that the cars behave VERY differently now. This is due to the fact that the AI now actually drives on the road instead of just being moved along it depending on their performance and handling data. Or, to put it another way, instead of moving along a straight line that only looks like it has curves, the cars are now driven "with the arrow keys" by the AI, which follows the actual road. This eliminates many of the problems the old system had: The cars no longer just alternate between being left, middle or right - instead they can use the entire road. They also no longer appear to go faster on the inside of a curve, which had the same distance on the inside and the outside before. Now it actually takes the car longer on the outside of the curve to get through it, as the distance really is longer. (This looked a little awkward before) Basically all the things you'd expect when a car drives are working far better now, without tricks for them to appear driving (which also reduces the source code length for the race simulation). And the new system has a lot of potential for improvements and expansions - even up to an actual driving simulation for v0.50, if the support for the game keeps growing. This one was actually a player request: It is now possible to scale the game window to better fill larger screens. The resolution doesn't change so this will cause the image quality to go down but if you are sitting at a distance from the screen this might be helpful. If you enable the option you can rescale the window by grabbing it's border. The additional setting to keep the aspect ratio will prevent the image from being skewed.
- Other changes: