BoXiKoN is a logic based puzzle game of strategy and forward thinking. The game belongs quite clearly to the Tetris family of shape games but BoXiKoN really is quite different. There is a large emphasis on planning, organization and selection and less on arcade style quick reactions.
There are fifty shape positioned on the grid for the player to use as he wishes..
This offers more freedom for creative logic and strategic foresight than the usual "drop down" style Tetris games. The game format the rule that it could (in theory) be possible for the player to play forever without facing the Game Over screen.
This never happens because of a collection of small mistakes, poor decision making and a little bad luck always brings the game to an eventual close.
The object of the game is to make either a solid row across the game grid or a solid column up the game grid. When this happens, the blocks are cleared to make room for new shapes.
· OS: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
· CPU: Pentium processor
· RAM: 64 MB or above
· DirectX compatible video card with 16 MB
· 10 MB free hard drive space.
· DirectX 8.1 or higher
· Sound card
· 60 minutes gameplay
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a full-screen switch problem.
· Fixed some file/score/state saving issues.
· Fixed some text display problems, on name entry and other places.
· Removed some Debug/Console logging code.