The Sequel to the award winning X²: The Threat will introduce a new 3D engine as well as a new story, new ships and a new gameplay to greatly increase the variety in the X-universe. The economy of X³: Reunion will be more complex than anything seen in the X-universe before. Factories are being built by NPCs, wars can affect the global economy, NPCs can trade freely and pirates will behave far more realistically.
Extensive development has gone into the X³ engine, which has full implementation of DirectX 9.0 engine, to create dramatic visual effects and stunningly realistic starships. Coupled with the massively enhanced A.L. (Artificial Life) system, X³: REUNION will present players with an ever changing, evolving universe; where a players actions really can shape the future of the universe.
Newcomers will enjoy the additions to the already graphically impressive, almost living X³-Universe, while veterans can expect new construction options and an improved physics model.
What happened so far: While the Argon fleet is stretched almost to breaking point by the continuing attacks from Khaak, a new enemy is stalking the X-universe. What links a mysterious ship with the power to disappear, the ruthless Yaki pirates and a machine left by an ancient species? Its time to strap yourself into your cockpit, warm up your laser cannon and get some answers.
What's New in This Release:
· fixed tooltips stuck on screen
· several causes for crashes fixed
· performance has been drastically improved
· manual docking at trading stations is now possible
· storyline gameplay significantly improved in key game parts
· several minor fixes
· added support for more joystick models
· fixed random crash on entering a sector
· voice and audio syncronisation fixed
· performance optimisations including reduced memory consumption and shader enhancements
· improved menu design
· gamestart position modified to improve trading options at the start
· complex construction of factory positioning improved
· Tool tips added to assist in learning the menu Icon System
· added ability to scroll menu bars with mouse
· docking made easier, plus additional docking guide added
· plot gameplay improved in key game parts
· cut scenes re-produced, re-directed and optimised
· added content for infostation help dialogues