X-Plane Update 10.30 Beta 1
A very powerful flight simulator
Welcome to the world of props, jets, single- and multi-engine airplanes, as well as gliders, helicopters and VTOLs such as the V-22 Osprey and AV8-B Harrier.
X-Plane comes with subsonic and supersonic flight dynamics, sporting aircraft from the Bell 206 Jet-Ranger helicopter and Cessna 172 light plane to the supersonic Concorde and Mach-3 XB-70 Valkyrie. X-Plane comes with about 40 aircraft spanning the aviation industry (and history), and several hundred more are freely downloadable from the Internet.
X-Plane scenery is almost world-wide, with scenery for the entire United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Europe, Australia, Canada, and Japan on the CD, and more scenery downloadable from www.X-Plane.com.
The pilot can land at any of the 18, 000 airports all over the world, as well as test your mettle on aircraft carriers, helipads on building tops, frigates that pitch and roll in the waves, and oil rigs.
NOTE: This is an updater that will download all the files and bring your purchased copy of X-Plane to the latest release.
Main features· NMEA string output: drive any (real) moving map or other piece of hardware or software from X-Plane, where X-Plane acts like a (real) GPS to that device. (currently Windows-version only)
· New joystick button for straight ahead view when in 3d cockpit view.
Special Controls in Plane-Maker:
· Flaps with pitch and roll can now be customized to apply to either flaps 1 or 2 or both.
· As well, they can be set to only phase in above 50% control deflection if you like.
· In the "Other Aircraft" screen, you can enter the heading, altitude, and speed ratio for the OTHER AIRCRAFT or the FORMATION FLYING option in the LOCATION menu.
· Check out the Special Controls screen in Plane-Maker... just like you can have the slats automatically deploy near the stall,
· Custom afterburner texture now possible per aircraft... see the example plane... the filename is simply airplane_name_flame.png. Do any afterburner or rocket textures you like for any plane!
· Glider winches are 950 meters, as per reality.
· Glider winches disconnect if the cable angle ever gets too steep, as in reality.
· Glider winches automatically disconnect if the line forces get way too high.
· New RMI type: ADF-1 VOR-2. This is a useful addition to many simple panels... you get an ADF and second VOR in one instrument... nice to complement an HSI that shows VOR-1 complete with glideslope. Now, of course, this whole "position-fix/vor radial" thing is a ridiculous old circus-stunt the from medieval days... any plane should just be using GPS with moving maps and ILS in this day and age, but if you want old-school, here it is!
· The 8 and 0 looked similar on the FMS in earlier versions...close enough that someone thought that 87.8 miles was 7.8 miles!
· He reported the bug as an error in the FMS, saying that the FMS gave too low a readout... CLASSIC mis-direction by a computer!
· In fact, it was only the FONT that was confusing him... so the fonts have now been improved
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- NEW GPS NAVIGATORS X-430 AND X-530:
- Select the new GPS/FMS system in the Systems screen of Plane Maker to get it into your aircraft. Two slots are available for pilot- and copilot side. New instruments are available in the panel editor to enable screens of the 430 and 530 for 3d-cockpits.
- The old GNS430 instrument is very small, so it is treated based on the size in the panel:
- If the instrument is given a REALLY SMALL spot (e.g. 62 pixels tall) it draws a compact display with just frequencies – not realistic, but at least readable.