Four years have passed since the aftermath of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, and a great tension now smolders throughout the ravaged world of Azeroth. As the battle-worn races begin to rebuild their shattered kingdoms, new threats, both ancient and ominous, arise to plague the world once again.
World of Warcraft is an online role-playing experience set in the award-winning Warcraft universe. Players assume the roles of Warcraft heroes as they explore, adventure, and quest across a vast world and trying to stay alive at the same time.
NOTE: Instructions for installing the 4.2.0a patch:
- extract all files and place everything except the MPQ in your main WoW folder
- place wow-update-base-14480.MPQ into the \Data\ subdir of your WoW folder
- run the launcher to patch.
Here are some key features of "World of Warcraft Patch":
· Adventure together with thousands of other players simultaneously.
· Explore an expansive world with miles of forests, deserts, snow-blown mountains, and other exotic lands
· Choose from three server types and find the one best suited for your own playing style: Normal, Player versus Player, and Role-playing
· Join the Horde or the Alliance as one of 8 playable races
· Encounter many familiar and new Warcraft characters and monsters.
· Learn the continuing story of Azeroth by completing a wide variety of challenging quests.
· Journey through an epic world filled with dungeons of different styles and depths.
· Explore 6 huge capital cities, which serve as major hubs for the races inhabiting them
· Practice various professions to help locate reagents, make and enhance custom items, acquire wealth through trade with other players, and more
· Purchase tickets for travel along a number of air routes flown by creatures such as Gryphons and Wyverns. For global transportation, travel by Boat or Goblin Zeppelin
· Once a certain level has been achieved, players can choose to purchase permanent personal mounts
· Establish a guild, purchase a custom guild tabard, and promote or demote recruits to different ranks within the guild.
· Mail gold, items, or messages to other players, or send them to your own characters for easy muling.
· Sell your items or search for items for sale via the automated auction house.
· Locate and engage other players with easy-to-use features and tools, including chat channels, friends lists, and animated and audible character expressions.
· Customize the game's interface via XML.
· Enjoy hundreds of hours of gameplay with new quests, items, and adventures every month
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Arcane Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]
· Cobra Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]
· Hunter Pets summoned by Stampede now only use auto-attacks against their target. [Requires a realm restart]
· Steady Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]
· Blink Strikes now has a 10-yard minimum range, and the teleportation effect cannot happen more than once every 20 seconds. [Requires a realm restart]
· Destroying the Altars: Master Summoner Zarod should once again drop Master Summoner's Staff, allowing players to complete the quest.
· The Might of Three: Buffs from the four celestials should now continue to work properly for players entering the Big Blossom Excavation area. [Requires a realm restart]
· Bleeding Hollow Tormentor no longer summons a Bleeding Hollow Worg.
· Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
· Throne of Thunder
Durumu the Forgotten:
· Elixir of Detect Lesser Invisibility will no longer allow players to see fog beasts while they are invisible.
· Fixed an issue where Azure Fog may incorrectly trigger Flash Freeze at the end of the Light Spectrum phase.
· Fixed an issue where players intercepting food globules were not properly gaining stacks of Slimed, preventing them from obtaining higher stacks of the Primal Nutriment damage buff.
· Lei Shen will now always drop a Titan Runestone or Secrets of the Empire for players that are on the legendary quest line. [Requires a realm restart]
· Ro-Shambo should now properly display the UI for Rock, Paper, Scissors! if the character was casting a spell at the time.
· Rocketway rockets in Azshara should no longer be despawning too quickly after being summoned.