Take charge as a military and political leader during the most trying and critical times of World War One.
As either a member of the Central Powers, the Entente or a neutral nation, you will confront the epic gauntlet of challenges that faced the likes of Kitchener, Joffre, Luddendorf, Clemenceau, Czar Nicholas II or Enver Pasha in scenarios that range from single theatres to the entire grand campaign.
Here are some key features of "World War One - La Grande Guerre":
· A large selection of Scenarios (10) and Campaigns (4) including two Grand Campaigns following in Foch’s or Luddendorf's footsteps!
· The largest World War One map ever, with unequalled historically-flavored look and detail levels
· 8 playable major nations, dozens of different troops, planes and ships, hundreds of military, economic, political and technological events, over 200 historical leaders with unique abilities
· An original diplomatic system, with your ambassadors to send all over the world to alter the balance of power between the Entente (i.e. Allies) and the Central Powers
· Easy to play, hard to master, play a scenario over a few hours or a full grand campaign
· Organize armies, manage supply, produce munitions, recruits and new weapons, use sea and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allows), take care of your nation’s will to fight!- Play secret stratagems to influence the course of events with famous characters like Lawrence of Arabia, Mata Hari, Lenin or the Red Baron
· Fight to reconquer lost provinces, ensure European or worldwide supremacy, or just survival of the old order: victory can be military or political, as national will, population morale and parliament all play a crucial role.
· Break the trench warfare deadlock by pursuing technological research or fighting the economic blockade
· Dozens of fully customizable parameters to make the Great War yours for modding
· The game is played in alternating phases of giving orders followed by simultaneous execution, with an original three-modes turn-base resolution
· Playable via LAN or over the Internet in multiplayer mode
· AGEOD’s recognized dedication to historicity, realism, fun gameplay and good-looking games!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· PBEM play mode now generates a PBM file every time the game is saved. This file contains the informations about local player. So, every time PBEM players must share a common SAV file because the game went out of synch, they are no more requested to modify the SAV file because the driver informations are stored in the PBM.
· Updated the PBEM Manual PDF accordingly.
· The purpose of this new features is to allow a "host-client" PBEM play mode: a host is designated among players, he is the only player who executes the end-turn procedure and saves the game, then he sends the .SAV and .MAP to all clients.
· Game updated to version 1.4.0 of irrKlang sound library
· Added some outstanding rendering performace improvements in map window
· Only HQs and GHQs are now displayed in the mini-map
· Major Land Battle AI is now more reluctant to retreat when one combat flank is won
· AI is now much more reluctant to play negative or self-killing events
· Large river crossing tests (performed during movements) are now automatically successful because they caused loss of synchronization in PBEM or Multiplayer mode
· Added memory lock checks in game audio engine to avoid crashes caused by memory access concurrency conflicts
· Corrected the picture of Turkish general Nureddin Pasha, commander of the 4th army in 1914
· Fixed the Event "England delivers Sultan Selim and Reshadieh battleships to Turkey" (FRA_003)
· The 'Strikes' and 'Nationalist Agitations' Events cannot occur anymore before 1917
· Added 'Mutinies' Event for France and Italy, it cannot occur before 1916 and has little chances to occur before 1917
· Fixed the Event 'Commercial submarine "Deutschland" arrives in Baltimore' wrongly scripted (not mandatory)
· Fixed a rare bug in land battle AI that caused an infinite deploy/undeploy loop in case of major battle when 3+ corps were deployed on one flank and only 1 corps on the other flank
· RP stock level is now downgraded by one point when corps are eliminated during land battle after CR_Eliminated or MR_Eliminated results
· New PBEM mode now automatically sets the EventsDrawn parameter off (Turn section) when Clients load a shared PBEM SaveGame file
· Fixed crash in battle logs window
· Fixed bug in events loading procedure that made uneffective all die roll modifiers for event checks