Warsow offers eSport oriented FPS, fast-paced gameplay focused on trix (trick jumps) and the art of move. It offers a complete Power-up System including Weak and Strong fire mode for each weapon.
The graphics are in a cartoonish style with celshading-like_but_not_Manga style, mixing dark, flashy and dirty textures, matching the action full of fun and speed. The game got some of its inspiration from titles like Quakeworld, Quake3 CPMA, Jet Set Radio or Speedball. A complete game to be played on networks and between friends
Here are some key features of "Warsow Patch":
· Standalone game for Windows and Linux
3D Engine based on Qfusion (a modification of Quake 2 GPL engine):
· eSport oriented FPS ;
· Fast-paced gameplay focused on trix (trick jumps) and art of move
· Complete Power-up System including Weak and Strong fire mode for each weapon
· Cartoonish graphics with celshading-like_but_not_Manga style, mixing dark, flashy and dirty textures, matching with action full of fun and speed
· References : Quakeworld, Quake3 CPMA, Jet Set Radio, Speedball
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added identity and context info for mumble 1.2.
· Added precaching of playlists (up to 15 files).
· Cache resolved addresses for master servers so clicking ‘join game’ doesn’t cause UI or background music to stutter.
· Further reduced the no ammo penalty to 50 msec.
· Precache more GLSL programs at renderer initialization.
· Use rounding to the nearest integer value in CG_LFuncCursor, CG_LFuncMoveCursor and CG_LFuncSize.
· Added Inter Quake Export command for SKM models (skm2iqe).
· Renamed console variable “cg_extrapolate” to “cl_extrapolate”.
· Automatically close all potentially open menus after succesfully connecting to a server.
· Increased Rocket Launcher selfdamage to 0.75.
· OpenAL sound module automatically converts stereo sounds to mono so they can be properly spatialized.
· Updated armor skins.
· Made the fog texture nopicmip.
· Changed the default value for s_musicvolume to match default.cfg.
· Fixed crash in instagib, which was usually triggered by instajumps.
· Shootable doors and buttons worked only once.
· Fixed off-by-one error in glDrawRangeElements ‘end’ parameter.
· Fixed occasional glitches in parsing of colored text in irc module.
· Added missing degrees to radians conversion, fixing some 45 degrees ramps.
· Fixed wswtv heartbeats.
· Fixed wswtv “Invalid POVnum 0? error.
· Fixed handling of negative clientarea in snap_write.c that caused crashing on certain maps.
· Check whether the sound library has actually been loaded before calling GetSoundAPI.
· Fixed stuttering models when extrapolation was off.
· Fixed “fs_gamedir” changes causing “bad inline model number” errors for clients upon connecting to wswtv.
· Fixed off-by-one error in Cbuf_Execute, which caused the game to crash upon insertion of huge text buffer from clipboard.
· Fixed PM_FREEZE movement type not affecting wswtv spectators.
· Fixed mouse and movement lag after postmatch on wswtv servers.
· Server now detects and skips non existing maps specified in the map list.
· Made the bomb “king of bongo” announcements unpure.
· Fixed chat/teaminfo overlapping placement in huds.
· Fixed gl_ext_vertex_bufer_object- typo in gfx profiles.
· Fixed crash bug in “headhunt” gametype.
· Map fixes: fixes for wca1, wdm19 when using vertex lighting.
· Map fixes: wctf1 caulk fixes (see-through floors at flags).
· Map fixes: wdm5 teleport placements and layout fixes.
· Map fixes: GA spawned only in duel in wdm6.