Blizzard introduces a new concept in gaming: the RPS (Role-Playing Strategy) game.
A strategy game set heavily within a role-playing environment, RPS takes the individual combat and interactive environments found in role-playing games and combines them within a competitive strategic environment. Warcraft III puts players in command of smaller, potent parties of heroes and troops.
They adventure and do battle in a dynamic world of living towns, wandering monsters, characters and quests, while simultaneously devising strategies to defeat their enemies.
Here are some key features of "Warcraft III Reign of Chaos":
· One new Hero per race, each possessing powerful spells and magical abilities
· A host of new units, each equipped with new abilities and spells, giving players the opportunity to create diverse strategic and tactical forms of combat
· Player-built shops, unique for each race, equipped with items carefully designed to improve and aid the units of every race
· Neutral Heroes, available for recruitment by all players, that can supplement and strengthen a player's army with all new spells and abilities
· Expanded multiplayer options over Battle.net including multiple new game types, clan and tournament support