Universal Combat takes you into a seamless universe full of epic space battles, massive ground skirmishes, fierce naval engagements and even tense dogfights above the planet's surface. In solo mode or in multiplayer, in first- or third-person view, play as a marine, a star ship commander with a full crew, or a pilot in the latest space fighter.
Universal Combat brings together the greatest components of any war together in a single game. Conceived in late 2001 as Battlecruiser Generations, the fifth title in the long-running Battlecruiser series, during development it morphed into much more than a massive space simulation.
As Universal Combat, the new action-based focus, direction and premise of the new incarnation caters to a wider audience of action and space sim fans alike. You will find everything you need in here!
Here are some key features of "Universal Combat":
· A massive game world consisting of more than 250 planets, containing more than 21,000 areas of interest (military bases, cities, star bases), 12 different playable races and a database of over 500 combat units, all rendered using high polygon count 3D assets
· Virtually limitless gameplay with a 25 mission single-player campaign, 15 Instant Action Scenarios together with a freeform Roaming module
· Space/planetary and vehicular dynamics engine
· Overhauled graphics engine with DirectX 9 support! Play at r esolutions from 800x600 up to 1600x1200 @ 32 bit color. Full pixel and vertex shader support for hallucinating special effects.
· Updated AI engine. Even more sophisticated than ever before!
· Amazing new Terrain PTE-III engine with vegetation, wild/sea life etc. brings the game universe to life!
· Skeleton based character animation engine, and a heavily revised control scheme for ease of use, regardless of craft or vehicle.
· Revised AI engine, even more sophisticated than ever before!
GBS-III mission builder