Oblivion is the quintessential role-playing game for the next generation and another leap forward in gaming. Step inside the most richly detailed and vibrant game-world ever created.
Oblivion is the latest chapter in the epic and highly successful Elder Scrolls saga and utilizes next-generation video game hardware to fully immerse you into the experience. With a powerful combination of freeform gameplay and unprecedented graphics, you can unravel the main quest at your own pace or explore the vast world and find your own challenges.
After the mysterious and untimely death of the Emperor, the throne of Tamriel lies empty. With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land - laying waste to everything in their path. To turn the tide of darkness, you must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
Here are some key features of "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion":
· Live Another Life in Another World. Create and play any character you can imagine, from the noble warrior to the sinister assassin to the wizened sorcerer.
· Next Generation Graphics. Pixel-shader effects and high definition televisions are fully supported to create unprecedented visuals, including lifelike towns, dungeons, and the most realistic forests ever created in a game and in the Elder scrolls series.
· First Person Melee and Magic. An all-new combat and magic system brings first person role-playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.
· Radiant AI. This groundbreaking AI system gives Oblivion's characters full 24/7 schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. Non-player characters eat, sleep, and complete goals all on their own.
· Realistic Characters. Oblivion's features over 1,000 non-player characters who come to life like never before with facial animations, lip-synching, and full speech. They even engage in unscripted conversations with each other and you.
· Open-Ended Game Play; Short Challenges. The enormous world of Oblivion is open for you to explore at your own pace, and shorter challenges such as fighting bandits, mixing potions, creating magic items and persuading friends keep the challenges coming.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed an issue with falling through collision in Fort Wooden Hand.
· Fixed issue with remapping controls in French, German, Italian and Spanish versions.
· Fixed issue with some shadows not lining up.
· Going to jail while equipped with bound armor or weapons no longer crashes the game.
· Fixed issue with bound weapons not dispelling properly after dismounting a horse.
· Fixed issue with player shadow being delayed after fast travel.
· Fixed infinite gold issue on some dead NPCs.
· Fixed issue with disease resistences that made it impossible to contract vampirism under certain circumstances.
· Fixed an issue where occasionally skills would not increase properly after you received an increase in a way other than skill uses like as a quest reward.
· Fixed issue where spells, powers and lesser powers were being improperly resisted when the player cast them on themselves.
· Fixed an issue where creatures and NPCs would not go into combat properly after being hit by a projectile.
· Fixed an issue with duplicating items and unequiping the bow.
· Fixed an exploit that allowed you to sell equipped items to a vendor more than once while on a horse.
· Fixed an issue with items reappearing in dead bodies after saving and reloading.
· Fixed crash when NPC with active light spell on them unloaded from memory.
· New Very Low Quality graphic setting available under Launcher options with improved support for low end FX cards (5700 and lower). To use this setting, go to the Launcher, select Options and click Reset to Defaults to allow the auto detect to check your system.
· Implemented SLI-mode optimizations on Nvidia cards, and Crossfire optimizations for ATI cards.
· Fixed a crash issue where loading a save would crash if the player had extra data on them.
· Fixed an issue for LOD art for city was not unloading quickly enough when exiting an interior.
· Fixed an issue where Aylied doors would not open when activated in Miscarcand.
· If you are permanently expelled from Mages Guild, you can now go back into the Mages Guild buildings.
· In The Siren's Deception, the door to Gweden farmhouse is prevented from locking too soon if player exits too quickly.
· In the Light the Dragonfires quest, player controls are prevented from being locked if player accidentally hits Ocato during the final battle in the Imperial Palace.
· In the Confront the King quest, fixed an issue where Mannimarco would occasionally stop fighting the player while the player's controls are locked.
· In Corruption and Conscience, fixed an issue if player got to Llevana's house earlier than expected and she would initiate trespass behavior rather than move the quest forward.
· In Theranis' Mistake, it is no longer possible to get multiple copies of Ahdarji's ring. Also, fixed an issue with player receiving Blood Price topic too early in the quest.
· In the Leyawiin Recommendation quest, it is no longer possible to bypass Kalthar in Fort Blueblood.
· In Revenge Served Cold, Corrick will now recognize when player had the jade amulet in their inventory if No Stone Unturned quest had been previously completed.
· In Infiltration, player can no longer kill Blackwood Company members and stop progress in Fighter's Guild.
· In Dark Brotherhood, if you kill fellow members and get kicked out of the guild, you can no longer continue to progress in the questline until you redeem yourself and get back in.
· In The Master's Son, the player now properly receives their reward when completing the quest.
· In Caught in the Hunt, fixed an issue where NPCs would not go into combat properly.
· In the Cheydinhal Recommendation quest, fixed an issue where Vidkun's body would disappear if you left the well.
· Getting disqualified from the first Arena match no longer blocks you from further matches.
· In Till Death Do They Part, the Count no longer rewards player with gold more than once. Fixed an issue with not receiving the Vampire Ashes topic if the player picked up vampire ashes before getting the quest. Fixed issue where Bloodgrass topic was not added if player finished the Main Quest before starting quest. Hal-Liurz will now follow player properly when asked about the cure.
· In Mystery and Harlun's Watch, the dead body you are supposed to find will no longer disappear from Swampy Cave if you cleared out the dungeon before starting the quest.
· In Blood of the Daedra, Martin will now recognize Spellbreaker as a Daedric artifact.
· In When the Vow Breaks, additional instance of Rockshatter are now prevented from appearing on Bjalfi's dead corpse after saving and reloading.
· In Paranoia, game no longer crashes when Bernadette Peneles exits the city while you are following her.
· For Clavicus Vile quest, fixed crash with giving or refusing to give Umbra to Clavicus Vile.
· Fixed issue with saving your game while an actor is in a new interior cell created in a plugin, and re-loading the save game without the plugin.
· Fixed issue with loading previous saves with plugin that contains new base objects that are containers, NPCs and creatures.
· Fixed issue with linked pathpoints scripted to switch on/off that are modified by a plugin.
· NPC's companions no longer disappear when they fast travel with player to an exterior cell that is modified by a plugin.
· New scripted spell effects created in a plugin now work properly.