This is a isometric, turn-based, single-player 3D role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire. The game features a detailed skill-based character system, non-linear gameplay, multiple skill-based ways to handle quests, choices & consequences, and extensive dialogue trees. For a smoother gameplay experience get the latest game patch.
Here are some key features of "The Age of Decadence - Combat Beta Patch":
· 7 distinctive gameplay styles: from knight, serving a Noble House, to grifter, preying on greed and gullibility.
· 23 skills, ranging from Dagger and Critical Strike to Disguise and Persuasion to Crafting and Lore.
· Action Point-based combat system, featuring a flexible set of standard attacks, special attacks such as whirlwind and impale, and aimed attacks at different body parts.
· 8 weapon types: daggers, swords, axes, hammers, spears, bows, crossbows, throwing weapons, each with individual traits.
· Non-combat quest resolutions and a well-developed diplomatic path ( "The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." )
· Over 100 quests, taking you to 22 locations: towns, outposts, archeological digs, sealed places of Power, underground facilities, and temples.
· Each situation has multiple ways of handling it, based on your skills, reputation, and connections. Each way has consequences that will affect someone or something.
· Extensive dialogue trees, written with role-playing in mind. You can use many skills in dialogues, take actions like stealing or sneak-attacking, and play your character with personality as you see fit.
· An interesting world with rich history and unclear future that your actions can shape into seven very different game endings.
· Detailed crafting and alchemy systems: melt items and create new ones, balance your sword, play with Greek fire, increase your poison's potency, use corrosive acid on locks, and experiment with black powder.
· Hundreds of items, ranging from weapons and armor to scrolls, tools, flasks, and pre-war relics.
· 3D world created with Torque Game Engine, featuring detailed locations and almost 200 unique animations.
· The Age of Decadence