The PlayStation 3 system software update includes the following:
PlayStationVita system compatibility:
- You can copy content such as music, videos and images, games, and other applications between the PS3 system and the PS Vita system.
- You can back up the data saved in the PS Vita system to the PS3 system disk drive.
- You can update the system software for your PS Vita system using the network features of the PS3 system.
To use these features, connect the PS3 system and the PS Vita system with a USB cable. These operations are done from the PS Vita system.
[Delete PS Vita System’s Backup Files] has been added as a feature under (System Settings)
[PS Vita System Application Utility] has been added.
Other new or revised features in version 4.00
- Upscaler output and Cinema conversion are now supported for Blu-ray Disc (BDMV) content. "Blu-ray Disc" and "Blu-ray" are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- You can now select the items you want to update under (System Settings) > [Automatic Update]. This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStationPlus members.
- Two new system languages have been added: [English (United Kingdom)] and [Portuguese (Brazil)] are now available under (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Language] .
- (Privacy Settings) has been added as a feature under (Account Management) > (Account Information).
NOTE: It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Main features in system software update:
- You can now set the group of players who can see your trophies. You can also specify for each game whether to show trophies.
- The PS3 system can now perform the following operations when you set Settings [Settings] > System Settings [System Settings] > [Automatic Update] to [On], even if you do not subscribe to PlayStationPlus. When this setting is [On], the PS3 system will automatically start each day at the specified time, perform these operations, and then turn off.
- Download content items purchased with other devices
- Download the latest system software
- Support of Closed Captions function on playing Blu-ray Disc videos and DVDs (SCEA UC model only). “Blu-ray Disc” and "Blu-ray" are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- Other new or revised features:
- [Closed Captions Settings] has been added under Settings [Settings] > Video Settings [Video Settings]. Set [Display Closed Captions as Specified by Content] to [Off] to adjust advanced sett...