Rome: Total Realism is a complete modification for Rome: Total War developed by an international team of skilled individuals with a passion for history. The essence of the modification is to provide realistic approach to Rome: Total War's often lacking historical merit. This is as real as you can get it!
Here are some key features of "Rome Total War Realism":
- Seventeen fully playable factions
- Two hundred new historically accurate army units
- Totally revamped combat stastics system
- Auxiliary area of recruitment mechanic
- Graphical overhaul of the front end
- Introduction video, faction elimination videos
- Redesigned campaign map
- Classical soundtrack conceived by a professional composer.
- Twelve new custom battle locations
1. Uninstall all traces of Rome: Total War from your PC.
2. Install a clean version of Rome Total War 1.0 from your CD-ROM.
3. Install the official Rome Total War 1.2 Update Patch
4. Install Rome Total Realism into your Rome Total War directory.
5. Using a text editor open the file named "preferences.txt" in your Rome Total War Installation directory, and alter the line "first_time_play:true"
to "first_time_play:false". Save the file and close it.