The Caribbean in the 17th Century; You will trade with over 60 towns and create your own production facilities. You will not only increase your trading empire, but you will also have a larger influence on the development of the New World.
Trade is not everything though, as pirates and military fleets threaten your trade convoys. Escort ships for your convoys are needed, or you can turn the tides and hunt for pirates or capture the military ships, becoming more famous and expanding your own fleet as well as your stock of goods.
If that is not enough, you can also take on missions for merchants, diplomats and other characters. With the even more desirable missions of the Vice Kings, where you are to attack and conquer enemy towns, you will be able to influence the defences of your home towns directly.
As a sign of gratitude you will be awarded land, to be used later to build and oversee your own towns.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Includes New Ascman Internet Client V1.2
· Multiplayer: only the host is now able to save the current game
· Multiplayer: it's no longer possible to start a multiplayer game without any clients
· Laptop: Parameter "/windowed" added - this parameter allows you to run the game in a windowed mode. If you encounter any problems when running Port Royale on a Laptop computer you should start Port Royale in windowed mode to solve the problems. Within the Windows Startmenu (deafult location: Start > Programs > Port Royale) you'll find a new shortcut to run "Port Royale Window". To use the windowed mode of Port Royale you should use a Windows desktop resolution higher than 1024x768 pixels.
· AutoSave: some Problems with the AutoSave-Routine were fixed