HPS Simulations and John Tiller are proud to announce the release of Smolensk '41, an operational level World War II simulation.
Smolensk '41 covers Army Group Center's offensive in the summer of 1941 to seize the crucial city of Smolensk, the historic gateway to Moscow that would allow free passage.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Magnified 2D view with 2x sized graphics.
· Change so that Disrupted units do not receive replacements and
· Detached units receive replacements at one-fourth (not one-half) the
· normal rate.
· Change so that for an HQ unit, both the actual and nominal command range
· are displayed in the alternate hex info area (actual/nominal), the
· Command Range view option uses the actual Command Range, while the
· Maximum Range view option shows the Nominal Command Range (see the
· Command section of the Users Manual).
· Added the ability for commandos to blow bridges and damage AT trenches.
· Change so that Partisans and Commandos can move from one enemy ZOC to
· Change so that Commandos are always in command and never isolated.
· Change to allow Battleships to fire AA at high flying aircraft.
· Added new Forced Bridge Crossing Rule which allows units to force a
· bridge crossing against enemy ZOC (see Users Manual under Movement).
· Increased Engineer digging in bonus from 2x to 3x.
· Added toolbar button for highlighting units in Travel Mode.
· Added new Submap Editor (pcsub.exe).
· Added new Bunker and Mine Prob Parameter Data Values and allowing
· non-bridge engineer units to construct Bunkers.
· Added new Night Move Disruption parameter data value which determines
· probability of night movement by non-rail and non-travel or
· non-road movement units causing Disruption.
· Change so that Interdiction attacks have twice the chance of Disruption
· and can cause the loss of up to half the movement allowance in movement
· Added a range 1 hard target artillery fire modifier (see Users Manual
· under Firing).
· Added Optional Rule for delayed reporting of enemy Disruption.
· Change so that towed AT gun unit which changes to Travel Mode without
· expending any movement points prior to that change will not trigger
· enemy Opportunity Fire.
· Added Quality Fire Modifier Parameter Data Value which applies to
· quality A and B units.
· Added Fanatical nations which have special assault rules when defending.
· (Editor) Added Reinforcemnts to Scenario Summary file under File Menu.