"High-Water Mark" of the Imperial Navy
During the 1942-43 campaign for the southern Solomon Island of Guadalcanal in 1942-43, many naval battles were fought to cement the material advantage gained by the Allies after the stunning Japanese losses at the Battle of Midway; NC3: Guadalcanal features 14 of these scenarios including Savo Island--a costly Allied setback, Cape Esperance--where the Japanese were struck back hard, Tassafaronga, Cape St. George, Kolombangara, and others.
Real-time, multi-player simulation
Following the HPS simulations Jutland and Tsushima, the first and second installments of the "Naval Campaigns series," Guadalcanal builds on the REAL-TIME game engine that allows the player to play against the computer or against another player, or multiple players, online. Guadalcanal is a tactical battle simulation which models the individual ships and capabilities and includes the landmasses of the islands which provide for maneuver challenges that were not possible before.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Change so that zoom changes using the mouse wheel maintain cursor
· Added Sea State to lower right-hand corner of Jump Chart.
· Added Collision feature.
· Added number of seconds remaining in ship picture when waiting for
· air operations to complete.
· Added hot key "R" for aircraft Return to Base.
· (Editor) Added ability to specify extra loads on a ship.