NATO and Warsaw Pact forces stared at each other across the Iron Curtain for 40 years as the Cold War became increasingly hot. During the mid '80s, the Cold War reached a boiling point as the ideologies of communism and capitalism were in their most confrontational posture.
One spark on the world scene would be all that it would take to ignite these powerful military forces and send them crashing into each other. In the south, the danger lay in the Fulda Gap. In the north, it was the tank country of the North German Plain.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Magnified 2D view with 2x sized graphics.
· Change so that Disrupted units do not receive replacements and
· Detached units receive replacements at one-fourth (not one-half) the
· normal rate.
· Added new Forced Bridge Crossing Rule which allows units to force a
· bridge crossing against enemy ZOC (see Users Manual under Movement).
· Increased Engineer digging in bonus from 2x to 3x.
· Added toolbar button for highlighting units in Travel Mode.
· Added new Bunker and Mine Prob Parameter Data Values and allowing
· non-bridge engineer units to construct Bunkers.
· Added new Night Move Disruption parameter data value which determines
· probability of night movement by non-rail and non-travel or
· non-road movement units causing Disruption.
· Change so that Interdiction attacks have twice the chance of Disruption
· and can cause the loss of up to half the movement allowance in movement
· Added a range 1 hard target artillery fire modifier (see Users Manual
· under Firing).
· Added Optional Rule for delayed reporting of enemy Disruption.
· Change so that towed AT gun unit which changes to Travel Mode after
· firing at most once before the change will not trigger enemy
· Opportunity Fire.
· Added Quality Fire Modifier Parameter Data Value which applies to
· quality A and B units.
· Change so that half Frozen Penalty is applied only to Urban (Village,
· Town, City, and Industrial) hexes.