Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms is the official expansion to last year's award-winning Medieval II: Total War, presenting players with all-new territories to explore, troops to command, and enemies to conquer.
Kingdoms is the most content-rich expansion ever produced for a Total War game, with four new entire campaigns centered on expanded maps of the British Isles, Teutonic Northern Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas. In Medieval II, players were only given a tantalizing glimpse of South America, but in Kingdoms, vast tracts of land in both North and South America have been opened up for players to conquer. All-new factions from the New World are also now fully playable, including the Aztecs, Apaches, and Mayans.
Along with the new maps in the Britannia, Teutonic, Crusades, and Americas Campaigns, there are 13 new factions to play, over 110 units to control, and 50 building types, adding up to 80 hours of new gameplay. Kingdoms also offers new multiplayer maps and hotseat multiplayer, a first for the Total War series, allowing players to play one-versus-one campaign games on the same computer at the same time.
Here are some key features of "Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms":
· Four new, epic campaigns Britannia, The Crusades, The Teutonic Wars and The Americas.
· 23 playable factions including Aztec and Native American factions.
· Over 150 new units, including the devastating Greek Flamethrower
· Control multiple armies in battle command reinforcement armies.
· New hero characters with powerful new battlefield abilities
· A huge array of historical characters and events.
· Build permanent forts to garrison troops or seize control of key strategic points
· New technology trees influenced by Religion and Prestige
· New Mission types
· 6 New Multiplayer scenarios and 20 new Custom Battle maps
· Compatible with Hotseat multiplayer mode
What's New in This Release:
· Forts in the Crusades campaign are now made of stone.
· Fixed various units having incorrect shield values.
· Fixed a number of inconsistencies between units' speech and their unit cards.
· Fixed deployment zones being in unreachable locations on some river crossings and bridge battles.
· Byzantine Gunners are now available to be recruited in the Crusades campaign.
· Denmark now has Norwegian units available to them when the Kalmar Union is formed.
· The Kingdom of Jerusalem can now construct King's Stables.
· Byzantine can now construct a Marksmanship Range.
· Mangonels can now be constructed at Siege Works in the Teutonic campaign.
· Swordsmiths' Guild Headquarters now gives the correct bonus to Knights trained in the Crusades campaign.
· Fixed Lithuanian Arquebusiers firing too frequently.
· Fixed various units having incorrect banners on the battle map.
· Fixed exploit that allowed certain characters' stats to be raised by repeatedly saving the game.
· New Faction Leaders in the Teutonic campaign now have the correct model.
· Crusading Nobles can no longer become the Faction Leader in the Teutonic campaign.
· Fixed Wales not receiving reinforcements when capturing bordering English settlements.
· Requirements of various Apachean units have been reduced allowing them to be more easily obtained.
· Fixed the Norwegian banners displaying the Novgorod symbol when out of fog of war.
· The Baron's Alliance no longer re-emerges after taking control of England.
· Assassination missions targeting Crusading Nobles no longer expire when they are successfully carried out.
· Dead wives no longer produce children in the Crusades campaign.
· Faction heirs in the Americas campaign have had their loyalty increased to fix them rebelling early in the game.
· Players no longer receive incorrect event messages in hotseat games.
· Unique models on characters are removed when they change faction.
· Fixed the family tree disappearing when a princess is married to General who becomes the Faction Leader.
· Fixed Scottish family tree in the Britannia campaign.
· Fixed soft-lock that occurred with multiple armies on the battle map.
· Fixed crash that occurred when disbanding a unit whilst merging two armies.
· Crash after auto-resolving a siege battle from a hotseat save game no longer occurs.
· Crash that occurred when loading a battle from the campaign map edge no longer occurs.
· Kingdoms no longer crashes when playing battles after unpacking the game's data.
· Fixed unique unit recruitment in the Crusades campaign.
· Small black rectangles no longer appear on the campaign map.
· Improved siege auto-resolve for the Britannia, Crusades and Teutonic campaigns.
· Various localisation fixes.