Mass Effect Patch 1.02
'Mass Effect' is an epic science-fiction action and role-playing game (RPG) experience created by BioWare
"Mass Effect" will deliver an immersive, story-driven gameplay experience presented in a cinematic style with high production values, extraordinary levels of visual fidelity, incredible exploration and realistic digital actors. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, "Mass Effect" is an exclusive title for the Xbox 360 video game system.
Players assume the role of an elite human Spectre agent, Commander Shepard, entrusted with keeping law and order in the galaxy. The player uncovers a threat so great it could destroy all life in the galaxy. As the only human Spectre, Commander Shepard's job is complicated by the fact that no one will believe the word of a human, a race not fully trusted by the other alien races. However, the galaxy must be convinced of the grave threat at hand or all life could be exterminated for all eternity.
Players will travel across an expansive universe to piece the mystery together. As they discover and explore the uncharted edges of the galaxy, they come closer to an overwhelming truth - learning that the placid and serene universe they know is about to come to a violent end and that they are the only being who can stop it. Throughout Shepard's exploits, players will face morally challenging decisions that will impact the future of all races, and how humans are ultimately viewed on the galactic stage.
Here are some key features of "Mass Effect":
· Incredible sci-fi RPG with a rich, engaging story line. On a distant planet an amazing discovery is made. Players must determine the fate of the galaxy as they lead an elite tactical strike force in an effort to stop an entity so malevolent that it threatens to tear apart the very fiber of galactic civilization. "Mass Effect" will take players to new depths for an action role-playing game, where they will be faced with morally complex decisions that have significant impact on the fate of all life in the galaxy. Players must succeed in their quest - no matter what the cost.
· Chance to explore uncharted worlds and uncover a mystery that defies imagination. In addition to the main story arc of the game, players will be able to visit a large number of uncharted, unexplored planets and locations that are side quests independent from the main story. At any time during the campaign, a player can choose to explore one of these locations and have the opportunity to discover new alien life, resources, ruined civilizations and powerful technologies.
· Varied squad-based combat. "Mass Effect" features a varied real-time, squad-based, tactical combat system. This allows players to play the game as they want to with a focus more on action or adding in deeper levels of strategy. Players will enjoy intense, challenging and exciting third-person action-squad-based combat. Players and their squad-mates will be able to engage the enemy with ranged weapons and covering fire, biotic powers/science-based magic, and tech powers - all of which will be accompanied by amazing visual and physics effects that will add tremendous excitement and drama to the battlefield. Whether they utilize powerful biotic powers or the latest in military hardware, players will be well-equipped to take on whatever comes their way.
· Incredibly lifelike digital actors in a video game. "Mass Effect" will feature a huge cast of incredibly realistic non-player characters (NPCs), enemies and party members. Each of the characters encountered will have true-to-life facial and body movements. A revolutionary advanced dialogue and AI system gives them engaging personalities, creating individuals so convincing they will seem like the first true "digital actors" ever found in a video game. The resulting experience is one where players will feel like they are part of a rich, living world. To further the experience, "Mass Effect" will feature the voice talents of Seth Green, Lance Henriksen, Marina Sirtis and Keith David, well-known and respected Hollywood character actors.
· Character customization and deep role-playing systems. Players will be able to choose from and customize a variety of stunning character appearances at the start of the game, and can increase various statistics that will have an impact on their performance during gameplay. The reward system in "Mass Effect" is deep, well-integrated and extremely engaging. New equipment, weapons and armor that are acquired during the course of the story will change the appearance of the characters.
· "Mass Effect" will give players a huge breadth of additional customization options for their characters, weapons and vehicles. Talents and abilities will be upgradeable, and advanced talent options will become available at higher levels. Weapons and vehicles will be customizable to include various effects, abilities and upgrades. Each character class will have unique talents and abilities that will increase in power as the player progresses through the game.
· Next-generation gaming defined. "Mass Effect" takes full advantage of the Xbox 360 hardware, providing players with exciting new experiences, including high-definition graphics on an epic scale, and amazingly realistic characters who bring the world to life. Players will be immersed in a massive universe of unbelievable scale, meet characters who feel real, and most important, interact with them. As the future of gaming goes online, premium downloadable content and recognition of achievements will be available via the Xbox LIVE service.
What's New in This Release:
· added some infrastructure support for additional downloadable content
· updated the image of the Batarian race in the codex
· fixed an issue where the center channel for hardware audio wouldn't play correctly sometimes
· fixed an issue where the hardware mouse pointer would disappear when first selected
· fixed an issue where Shepard did not auto-crouch when entering cover in some places
· fixed a tool-tip indicating a game restart is needed before enabling hardware or software audio if the option was changed
· fixed an issue where ambient conversation would not be heard from rear speakers sometimes
· fixed a text string to make it clearer on how to exit a vehicle
· fixed a text string so the tool top for dragging the map is clearer in French languages builds
Mass Effect Configuration Utility
· fixed a crash running on certain multi-core AMD systems
· fixed an issue where video RAM was not being reported properly on certain cards
Mass Effect Patch
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The player will no longer become stuck in the Feros elevator
- Quickslot abilities are now disabled in elevators
- The pixilated bloom and DoF on Radeon x1650 and x1950 cards has been addressed
- GPF crashes when playing Quasar have been addressed