Witness the amazing evolution of the genre-defining strategy game as it becomes a next-generation phenomenon, melding classic deep fantasy with new generation visuals and gameplay.
In the renowned Might & Magic universe, demon swarms spread chaos over the land in a relentless assault. The fate of the world is at stake and heroes from a variety of legendary factions must stand up and defend their causes. Live their fate, lead their forces to victory and unveil the secret goal of the demon lords.
Become a strategy gaming legend by raising unique hero characters, assembling armies and defeating enemies using the brand-new dynamic battle system both offline and online. Are you up for it?
Here are some key features of "Heroes of Might and Magic V":
· Cutting-edge visual technology: For the first time, experience the world of Might & Magic in a full, breathtaking 3D animated world supported by a consistent and modern graphic style.
· A more mature & consistent heroic fantasy universe: Includes all the features that made the series successful in a completely revamped and more mature universe - with six unique factions and over 40 different creatures and spells.
· Complete strategy experience and RPG gameplay: During six campaigns and more than 30 missions, explore and conquer territories, manage your cities, recruit armies and raise and upgrade your heroes through a user-friendly yet deep turn-based system.
· Complete scalable turn-based battle system for challenging and tactical combats: Discover the combat system that made the Heroes series successful or experience the brand-new dynamic battle system that transforms a chessboard into a lively battlefield.
· Competitive, addictive, and intense multiplayer mode: Play five different online modes via hot seat, LAN or the Internet. Challenge your friends in furious battles and create your own level with the editor
What's New in This Release:
· Kingdom overview window
· (Allows to view information about player towns and heroes)
· Extended "number of turns" indicator
· (Add new cursors 3, 4, 5, 5+ that tell the player how many days will that march take)
· Mana bar on strategy map
· (Allows mana bar indicator near move bar side to heroes icons at the bottom of strategic map)
· !Not show permanently! Activate by pressing a hotkey ("M")
· "Wait" button in combat ATB bar
· (Allows dropped ATB bar of current stack of creatures (or a war machine, or a hero) to 0.5 (halved), and then give turn to the next stack of creature on the ATB conveyor)
· Sleep mode for heroes
· (Allow the players to turn on/off the end of turn notification system for the selected heroes)
· Activate and deactivate by pressing a hotkey ("Z")
· Map Editor. Option to deactivate animations
· (Allows switching off all the object animation on the map for the time of its design)
· (Allows inform the player how dangerous is the stack of neutral creatures or the enemy hero whose information tooltip they are reviewing)
· Danger Types: Very Low (less than 12 power of player selected hero)
· Low (12 power)
· Normal (= equal power)
· Hard (1.5 power)
· No Chance (More than 2 power)
· Dark Energy Displaying (Adventure Screen)
· (Allows showing special necromantic resource Dark Energy at the adventure screen interface. It shows in the extra bar in the top of the adventure interface)
· Mouse cursor map coordinates
· (Allows showing the coordinates of the tile onto which the cursor is aimed currently. This function only works on the adventure maps)
· Activate by pressing a hotkey ("CTRL")
· Option "Autocombat without magic use"
· (Allows switch on/off a player hero use magic in autocombat)
· Option "Flying camera mode" at city
· (Allows switch on/off the flying-around camera mode that invoked every time when the player enters a town)
· Ability to set time for creature turn in combat
· (Allows customizing creatures' turn time in dynamic battles both in single and multiplayers modes).
· Info messages pop-ups (team actions alerts).
· (Message pop-ups appear to inform the player about certain actions of their allies, if these actions touch upon this player's interests, as well as to tell about the allies' successes or failures. They will appear in the beginning of the player's turn in the usual information pop-ups in the top of the screen.)
· Icon to indicate that the town development is complete.
· (This option provides for the player to see which of their towns are completely developed and in which more buildings can be erected.)
· Icon to indicate that there is not enough resources to build anything that turn.
· (This option provides for the player to see whether they can build anything in the town with the amount of resources they currently have.)
· Option to show/hide already going multiplayer games (in lobby)
· (Added checkbox responsible for showing/hiding the currently played games over the games list. When checked in, it show the complete list; when checked out, it will provide for hiding the games that are already being played. The checkbox will be checked out by default.)
Bugs repaired and changes made:
· Game no longer crashes when loading a map that has a hero placed on the edge.
Camera, graphics, interfaces:
· Dialog replays are now stored in a chronological order
· In duel 3v3 session the spectator now see correct hero icons
· Added error message when the player tries to play a campaign without maps
· Fixed Phoenixes textures
· Fixed object same Rock textures in the adventure map
Gameplay, Mechanics, Balance:
· Fixed: Same spell is revealed upon building library in the Academy town, plus 2 extra spells for level 4 and 5
· Fixed: The 'Secrets of Destruction' skill does not give a random damaging spell of the 1st to 3rd circle
· Fixed: The corpses of the units from which the Pit Lords were summoned remain on the battle field
· Now Pillar of Bones give correct number of dark energy.
· Duel Preset Editor. The "Arcane Excellence" now doesn't exist anymore
· Fixed: The "War machines" are not granted during the game even though there are all selected in "Properties hero"
· Fixed same error message in duel preset editor interface