To ensure the best multiplayer experience, please make sure to download and install the following patches for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Doing so you'll be able to enjoy a bug free game and have access to the latest features available.
· Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for Windows XP.
· Support for DirectX 9 on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (DirectX11 is recommended).
· Improved performance of Volumetric Lighting and Global Illumination.
· New graphical option to enable real-time rendering of all reflective surfaces (eg. windows).
· Improved framerate performance for ATI users.
· Support for Uplay friends’ list with more than 100 contacts.
· Fixed Gunsmith issues for Windows user names with special characters (é, à, ç, etc.).
· Improved textures on “Market Night” map.
· Known issues and workarounds
· Highest quality of 'Global Illumination' option is meant to be used with high-end (Radeon HD7900 or GeForce GTX680 and higher) and future hardware. Setting Global Illumination to medium is recommended if you are experiencing low frame rate.
· The new 'Reflections' option is designed for high-end configurations only. Please disable this option if you are experiencing low frame rate.
· AMD dual-core processor with Windows XP (for users who have not installed SP3): you may experience a fast flickering of the in-game menu items. To work around this problem, install the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer available on the AMD website.
· AMD or nVidia Dual-GPU / Crossfire / SLI cards: in order to avoid graphical issues, you will have to manually disable the multi-GPU modes of your video drivers prior to running the game under the DX9 environment.
· In some isolated cases activating the Crossfire multi-GPU technology on a mobile Radeon HD6990M from Alienware results in a performance drop compared to a single GPU of the same setup.
· Notes regarding Windows XP support
· Due to limitations of the engine and multithreading management in Windows XP, the performance with Windows XP may be lower than the performance obtained with the same hardware configuration using a more recent version of Windows. Please use a more recent version of Windows for a better experience.