First Eagles is an air-combat game for PC that aims to recreate the romance, adventure, and excitement of engaging in great air battles over the trenches of France during the First World War.
The player flyable aircraft include three of the best fighters of the First World War: French SPAD XIII, German Fokker D.VIIF, and British Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5a. Player can join the newly formed US Air Service, British Royal Air Force, French Military Aviation, or Imperial German Air Service and engage in the desperate struggle to control the sky over the trenches! Embark now in this formidable journey!
First Eagles is the first game in a series of titles covering the First World War, subsequent titles will add more planes and cover different years and campaigns.
Here are some key features of "First Eagles the Great Air War 1918":
· Fly three of the best fighters of the first World War;
· Set in the First World War, recreating the greatest air battles over France. Join the newly formed US Air Service, British Royal Air Force, French Military Aviation, or Imperial German Air Service and engage in desperate struggle to control the sky over the trenches.
· 3 campaigns featuring high-flying combat action over France set in the last four months of the war during the Allied counter-offensive to push the German army out of France
· Random mission generator for maximum flexibility and replayability. Campaign missions are also randomly generated for different outcome each time.
· Fully scalable difficulty options to challenge both novice and expert pilots.
· Open architecture for future expansions and user-mod support. Download thousands of user-created skins, aircraft, terrain, missions, campaigns, and editors.
What's New in This Release:
· Shadow option is changed to adjust distance as well as the types of object casting shadow. Low: No shadows are cast. Medium: Aircraft cast shadow only in external view and only at close range. High: Aircraft and some ground objects cast shadow. Unlimited: All objects cast shadow at furthest distance.
· Rear view (Shift+F5 by default) is added.
· Delete Pilot and View Medal buttons have been added to the Pilot Record Screen.
· Better support for dual-analog stick gamepads has been added.
· Static aircraft kills are no longer counted as air kills.
· AI pilots for player's squadron in campaign now start with higher initial skill level.
· Compass for SE5A and Camel cockpits are now functional.
· Selection of army Co-operation mission sometimes causing crash to desktop is fixed.
· View limits are adjusted correctly for widescreen and Matrox surround gaming display.
· Flight model, AI, and campaign engine have all been further tweaked