Condor: The Competition Soaring Simulator is designed to recreate the ultimate experience of competition soaring on your PC.
A lot of attention was put in to create an environment which would create an immersion of real competition flying. This means that the aerodynamics and weather physics were in focus of the development. The result is amazingly real feel of flight in all flight regimes and weather conditions which challenges a real soaring pilot on a competition day and a happy landing.
Here are some key features of "Condor The Competition Soaring Simulator":
· Amazing feel of flight due to the advanced flight dynamics model
· Advanced 6DOF flight model for complete freedom of flying.
· Accurate sailplane performance and handling also at and beyond critical angles of attack.
· Sailplane damage simulation flutter, high G stress, collisions.
· High time fidelity physics engine (up to 500 cycles per second).
· Accurate ground forces for realistic takeoffs, landings and crashes.
· Detailed, sub-object collision detection for mid air and ground object collisions.
· Accurate conditions for a realistic towing and winch start.
· Realistic weather model for all aspects of competition soaring
· Realistic thermals life cycle: starting from the ground they reach cloud base, the cloud becomes bigger and more dense and later dissipates which causes the air below it to sink.
· The location and strength of thermals is based on terrain sun exposure and ground features like forests, fields and villages.
· Realistic daily sun travel which affects the frequency and strength of thermals.
· Up slope wind on sunny ridges (anabatic winds).
· Ridge lift with leeward downwind and turbulence, venturi effects.
· Waves behind ridges, wavelength depends on wind speed and stability of the atmosphere.
· Correct atmosphere pressure, density and temperature height distribution.
· 3D isotropic turbulence model for thermal and mechanical turbulence.
· preset and custom weather conditions.
· Detailed planes with fully animated cockpits
· Standard class:
- ASW 28 LS 8 Discus 2
- FAI 15 class:
- ASW 27 LS 6 Ventus 2
- Open class:
- ASW 22 Nimbus 4
· Fox MDM-1
· Realistic speed polars and handling.
· Configurable water ballast and C/G position.
· Detailed plane models.
· Moving parts, flexing wings, environment mapping.
· Custom registration and competition numbers.
· Custom skin support.
· Fully animated pilot.
· Modern cockpit instrumentation with averager, speed command, custom vario time constants, ...
· Support for metric, imperial and australian units.
· Handheld computer with its own software.
· Support for up to 32 pilots.
· Simultaneous Internet and LAN support.
· Dedicated server option.
· Central web based servers list for easy connecting.
· Host configures flightplan which is automatically propagated to clients (task, weather, plane class, realism options).
· Real time scoring and support for regatta starts for maximum excitement.
· Radio frequencies support when chatting.
· Sub-object collision detection for realistic mid-air collisions.
· Support for high resolution terrain mesh (SRTM, DEM etc.).
· Forests with high density trees.
· Ground 3D objects (villages, castles, farms, communication towers, etc.).
· Unique synthetic textures (satellite and ortophoto images can also be used).
· Airports with grass/tarmac surfaces and 3D objects (hangars, wind sacks, hauses, restaurants).
· With the Scenery Toolkit which will be released soon, new sceneries will easily be added.
· In the release version you can fly over Slovenia which is made in 90 meters resolution. Combine that with the fact that this is an alpine country, it is perfect for the soaring experience.
· Ability to record and analyze flights
· Every flight can be saved as a replay file and viewed later.
· Custom cameras during replay playback.
· Every flight can be saved to proprietary "flight track" file format which is used for flight analysis and record claims.
· Flight tracks can be exported to IGC file format and viewed with external IGC viewers.
· Replays and flight tracks can be exchanged with other players and used to either compare the flying or to race against the "ghosts" of other pilots tracks.
· Real-time NMEA output
· Real-time NMEA output trough serial port.
· GPGGA, GPRMC and LXWP0 sentences are supported (the set can be expanded if needed).
· NMEA is a standard communication protocol for transferring navigational data (position, speed, heading, bearing, etc.).
· Today, every GPS hardware features NMEA output to communicate with handheld devices or laptops trough serial port. Condor uses this protocol to enable you to use your own handheld devices and software for navigation.
· From FAI rules to innovative Condor specific additions.
· Classic and window type sectors.
· User configurable penalty zones.
· Classic and regatta starts.
· Configurable penalty points for various infringements.
· Tail hunting - "eating" other players tail knuckles.
· Accessible to players of all skill levels
· Condor has beside its flight school lessons also a number of helpers like visual turn points, thermal indicators, icons for other players planes, etc. which help player shallow the step learning curve of flying.
· For example, in flight school you can actually practice yourself boxing the wake in tow like you would do it in real life! This is something which was never done before on the PC!
· 3D sound support with doppler effects
· Digitally recorded sounds from a real cockpit
· Native TrackIR support
· TrackIR enhanced mode support.
· Mouselook emulation with classic Webcameras and appropriate software.
· TrackIR device captures the movement of your head to pan the view in flight simulators and other 3D games.
· Force feedback until now was never really done with a realism in mind. Most simulators used it as a 'movie' effect. This however changes with Condor , as it was designed with force feedback joysticks in mind for the ultimate experience.
· Condor simulates forces on the stick directly from its advanced flight dynamic model and controlling trimmer actually moves your stick like in real life!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed failing CreateVertexBuffer and VertexBuffer.Lock calls on new nVidia drivers.
· Added 4 languages to default installation: Czech, German, French, Hungarian and Russian.
· Added tow plane Dynamic.