This is the forth title in the HPS Ancient Warfare game series and simulates an era that significantly extended the face of warfare. With this update your game will runs smooth and without any annoying bugs.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Battle Engine
· Added – Individual unit can join a group without creating a new group. Left click unit to join, go to menu – Units – Unit Joins Group then right click one unit in the group the unit is to join.
· Added – Combat Info box seen during a combat phase (alternative to Unit Losses on Map) can now be set such that the dialog box closes after 2 seconds without clicking on the box. The 2 seconds is hard-coded and cannot be altered.
· To set this mode – go menu – Options – View Losses on Map (click off) then menu – Options – Combat Dialog Box Timer (click on).
· Added – To reduce the number of mouse clicks to move a unit, a single unit on a hex is now given a default command of ‘Move’ and a player can left click the unit on the map (activate) then right click the target hex and the movement will be executed. LI and LC default command is ‘Skirmish’. Press the ‘Z’ key (Group Mode) before attempting to give a group command to skirmish. If it does not work, click on another unit in the group then click ‘Z’.
· Added – When a palisade wall is under attack during the combat phase it is highlighted by the red hex.
· Added – LI, LMI, LHI and LC can not be disrupted by terrain or movement given their open, loose formation.
· Adjusted – Variable ammo levels introduced. Default numbers at start of a battle are
· Javelins - 5 shots
· Infantry bow – 15
· Mounted bow – 30
· Lead shot slingers – 30
· Other slingers – 20
· Bolt shooting engine - 25
· Adjusted – Hot Keys can now be used in conjunction with the Unit Information Box and Command Box pop-up. Except for keyboard keys 1, 2 & 3.
· Adjusted – LHI increased to 8 points for Regulars and 7 points for Irregulars. LHI have a number of advantages over HI so cost more points.
· Adjusted – Roman LHI as well as HI permitted to construct palisades.
· Adjusted – Formation Change – previously only organised / formed units can change formation; now Regular Elite and Veteran units also permitted to change formation when disrupted.
· Adjusted – Improved computer player AI against LHI and SHC.
· Corrected – When limited ammunition for missiles is in effect, the ‘Short bow’ and ‘Bolt Shooting Engine’ ammo level did not reduce with use. Now corrected.
· Scenario Editor –
· Adjusted – Variable ammo levels introduced. Default numbers.