The Punic Wars were arguably the most significant armed struggle in all of antiquity. Over the course of more than a century the two most powerful nations in the Mediterranean battled for supremacy. The forces involved, and the casualties suffered by both sides, were far greater than in any wars fought before modern times. With this update your game will runs smooth and without any annoying bugs.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added – Losses shown in pop-up box when unit overrun.
· Added – Loss of a Legendary leader causes major morale loss to the army.
· Added – Keyboard ‘Hot Key’ ‘I’ for Unit Information Box on the map (toggle on and off)
· Adjusted – Increased speed of Unit Information Box update. Now more user friendly.
· Adjusted – Improved mounted leader’s ability to evade combat / overrun.
Adjusted – Army morale is now calculated based on unit class:
· Army Morale = Army Morale + (Unit Strength*(70-Unit Fatigue)*Unit Class)
· Initial Army Morale = Initial Army Morale + (Unit Initial Strength*70*Unit Class)
· Overall Army Morale % = Army Morale / Initial Army Morale
· The above calculation allows for unit class and avoids small elite armies routing too rapidly and reduces resilience of large militia armies.
· Adjusted – Combat factors – to allow more effectively for shock heavy cavalry charging in, the combat modifier has been adjusted to +2 and for EHC and SHC to +3. For militia and levy troops a new modifier of –1.
· Adjusted – Combat factors – to allow more effectively for a charismatic leader in the combat hex. Legendary leaders +3, Experienced leaders +2, Mediocre leaders +1. Previously all leaders were at +1.
· Adjusted – Cavalry and chariots can not move in to a palisade hex.
· Corrected – Stone thrower unit not shooting – now working and hex hit shown in blue to highlight scatter effect.
· Corrected – Rules Manual with updated combat and missile fire factors.
· Corrected – Units entering Assault Tower not showing ‘D’.
· Corrected – Crash when cavalry move adjacent to palisade hex. Now working.
· Corrected – Legionaries making ladders have status bar message saying ‘Unit unable to make ladders’ but the unit does. Message stopped.