World of Warcraft, often referred to as WoW, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Blizzard Entertainment. It is the fourth released game set in the fantasy Warcraft universe, which was first introduced by Warcraft: Orcs & Humans in 1994.
You will begin you adventure in the virtual world of Azeroth, two years after the events at the conclusion of Blizzard's previous Warcraft release, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft on September 2, 2001. The game was released on November 23, 2004, on the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise.
The first expansion set of the game, The Burning Crusade, was released on January 16, 2007. The second expansion set, Wrath of the Lich King, was released on November 13, 2008.
Here are some key features of "World of Warcraft":
· Adventure together with thousands of other players simultaneously.
· Explore an expansive world with miles of forests, deserts, snow-blown mountains, and other exotic lands.
· Join the Horde or the Alliance as one of 8 playable races.
· Select from 9 classes, including holy Paladins, shape-shifting Druids, powerful Warriors and Mages, demon-summoning Warlocks, and more.
· Encounter many familiar and new Warcraft characters and monsters.
· Learn the continuing story of Azeroth by completing a wide variety of challenging quests.
· Journey through an epic world filled with dungeons of different styles and depths.
· Explore 6 huge capital cities, which serve as major hubs for the races inhabiting them.
· Practice various trade skills to help locate reagents, make and enhance custom items, acquire wealth through trade with other players, and more.
· Purchase tickets for travel along a number of air routes flown by creatures such as Gryphons and Wyverns. For global transportation, travel by Boat or Goblin Zeppelin.
· Once a certain level has been achieved, players can choose to purchase permanent personal mounts, such as Dire Wolves and Horses.
· Establish a guild, purchase a custom guild tabard, and promote or demote recruits to different ranks within the guild.
· Locate and engage other players with easy-to-use features and tools, including chat channels, friends lists, and animated and audible character expressions.
· Customize the game's interface via XML.
· Enjoy hundreds of hours of gameplay with new quests, items, and adventures every month.
NOTE: You must have a valid account so that you can play on the official Blizzad servers. Wrath of the Lich King requires that you upgrade your already existing accounts from The Burning Crusade or the original World of Warcraft. In order to play the new Wrath of the Lich King, you must have all the previous versions installed and then upgrade to the latest expansion pack.
· OS: Win XP/Vista
· CPU: Intel Pentium4 1.3GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+ / recommended Dual Core Processor such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2
· RAM: 512 MB / recommended 2GB
· 3D graphics processor with 32 MB VRAM or better
· 12 gigabytes or more of available hard drive space.
· DirectX 9.0c or above.
· Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card.
· Internet Connection: Broadband.
· Mouse: Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel recommended.