Freeciv 2.4.3 Stable / 2.5.0 Beta 1
A Free and Open Source empire-building strategy game
Freeciv is inspired by the history of human civilization. The game commences in prehistory and your mission is to lead your tribe from the Stone Age to the Space Age. To put is shortly, you are the leader of a civilization and you have to make it the greatest.
- Generally comparable with Civilization I and II.
- Up to 30 players!
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer-controlled players.
- Internet and LAN multiplayer (TCP/IP).
- Support for a great number of platforms see Requirements.
- Premade maps & scenarios!
- more than 50 playable units and far beyond 100 nations.
- Modpack support!
- Internationalization (i18n): Translations for 29 languages available.
- In game help system.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.4.3 Stable
- Server / General
- Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets)
- When units were moved in the aftermath of a broken alliance, the client could crash when manipulating those units. The server no longer sends unhelpful information which could trigger the crash in old clients, and the client is robust against this behaviour from old servers. GNA#21899
- The server could leak information about how many units were in an enemy city, which a modified client could use to cheat. GNA#22049