Starcraft is a real time strategy game, from Blizzard, the makers of Warcraft II, Diablo, and Diablo II. It features three unique races [Terran, Protoss, and Zerg] that are pitted together in an intergalactic war taking place on the Galactic Rim. You as the player can take control of any one of these races to victory in single player mode, being rewarded by awesome cutscenes that are a Blizzard trademark.
However, it is the multiplayer options that make this game REALLY shine. Blizzard provides its own FREE online service, Battle.net, and here you can meet Starcraft and Diablo players from around the world. The newly improved Battle.net will feature multiple chat rooms, a World Wide Ranking Ladder, and Online Tech Support! It's definitely one of the best done online services out there and it's the perfect service for Starcraft.
Here are some key features of "Starcraft":
- Starcraft features up to 8-player games over the Internet and Local Area Networks. Some of the multiplayer game features include:
- One on One [Deathmatches]
- Team [Two or more players controlling a single team civilization]
- Melee [Free For All or Separate Player Team Play]
- Capture the Flag [Capture all the enemy flags to win]
- Slaughter [Race to see who can get the most kills in an allotted time]
- Greed [Race to see who can get the most resouces in an allotted time]
- Ladder [Ladder matches to determine World Wide Ranking]
Note: StarCraft Renegade is one of the three critically aclaimed expansion packs to Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft