Level-D Simulations: The 767
For all the Microsoft Flight Simulator X fans, this is a new mod that you should really check out.
Designed by the same development team that worked on the famous 767 "Pilot in Command" releases, this version for FS2004 has many new features, systems, and extras to make this a quite remarkable product. This mod will give you a realistic impression oh how it would feel like to pilot your own 767 airplane.
- Aircraft Visual Model: The 767 visual model was done superbly and includes such features as: R.A.T. deployment animation, EVERY outside lighting tied to power busses and dedicated switches, high quality 32-bit/DXT3 livery texture formats, flex wing, apu door, aileron droop, and a two speed windshield wiper system.
- Aircraft Flight Model: Level D Sim has gone to great links to ensure a great flight model with their 767. The product was flight tested by real world 767 pilots and includes authentic aircraft performance calculated directly from flight model parameters, accurate thrust/drag modeling, real world Engine Out performance, proper weight and balance calculations and load management.
- Virtual Cockpit: The virtual cockpit in the 767 will completely immerse you into the role of Captain or a First Officer of a 767. This mode includes independent Captain & F/O gauges that are fully functional and clickable, two different interior lighting options, and a reflective window option.
- Aircraft Systems: As with the flight model, Level D Sim has worked very hard on the aircraft systems to replicate it's real world counterpart. Some key aircraft systems features are: a fully implemented cabin pressurization gauge & logic, cabin temprature control, programmation of engine failures triggered by V1,V2,Vr speeds, system failures, and full TCAS logic.
- Radios/Communications: The aircraft features an advanced radio / communications suite that includes such things as independent NAV1, NAV2, and ILS radios, enhanced ground crew dialogs for interphone connection/ground calls, pushback procedure, and ground horn, cabin crew calls, etc.
- Other Systems: The 767 also includes a fully functioning FMC with such features as: new FMC pages (DIVERT), winds aloft forecast entries, SIDS/STARS/Approaches simulations and creation, VNAV logic, and accurate Cost Index calculations. The AFDS includes AUTOLAND logic, realistic Flight Director, an A/P disconnection switches on the yoke and throttles, plus much more.