Fortress Forever is a Team Fortress mod for Half-life 2's Source Engine.
Fortress Forever should please those who have stuck with or been a part Half-life: TFC over the years while at the same time doing more for new TF players than any prior Fortress attempt.
This modification features nine classes, 10 core maps and 6 different game modes centering around Capture The Flag, and Capture and Defend gameplay.
Fortress Forever is free to those who purchase Half-life 2.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Generic / Misc Stuff
· Added support for the auto-updater checking for updates in game
· Added armor to spectator nameplate
· Added very basic support for spectating info_ff_script entities (console command: spec_item , example: spec_item red_flag)
· Modified the spec_goto command so that it switches you to roaming mode if you're not already in it (so you can use it from any mode instead of only being able to use it while already in roaming mode)
· Added class to the player names in the spectator menu dropdown
· Better gibs with blood and more control over what they look like ◦Renamed cl_gibcount cvar to cl_gib_count
· Added cvars: cl_gib_force_scale, cl_gib_force_randomness, cl_gib_lifetime, cl_gib_blood_scale, cl_gib_blood_force_scale, cl_gib_blood_force_randomness, cl_gib_blood_count
· Added command: spawngibs (spawns gibs on top of the local player; requires sv_cheats 1)
· Changed the HP required to gib from