Black Mesa is the Half-Life 2 total modification of the original Half-Life game that was "constructed" using the Source engine.
Take once again the role of Doctor Gordon Freeman and embark on a dangerous adventure through the Black Mesa Research Facility. Inside the game you'll find: a huge cast of characters and experimental weaponry, all-new music, voice acting, choreography and added dialogue.
Here are some key features of "Black Mesa":
· Play for free, you need not purchase anything!
· 8-10 Hours of single-player gameplay, up to the Lambda Core chapter.
· Feast your eyes on over 2,000 custom Models and 5,000 custom textures – more than HL2!
· Experience over 2,000 choreographed scenes and over 6,500 lines of dialogue from all new voice acting!
· Subtitles in English, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, German, and Finnish!
· Immerse yourself in an all new soundtrack and over 2,300 custom sound effects!
· Feel the impact of custom systems such as the Face Creation System, Custom Gib System, Deathcam and more.
· Software : Windows XP, Vista, or 7
· Processor : Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, or AMD processor.
· RAM : 1GB (1024 MB)
· Graphics Card : Shader Model 2.0 capable, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better.
· Sound : DirectX 8.1 compatible.
· HDD : 8 GB (Not including the Free Source SDK, installed separately)