A revolutionary Tag game that seeks to set a new standard for the genre. Adds many new dynamics not found in any other Tag, and eliminates a plethora of problems found in almost all others. This map has been worked on extensively by a number of people since November 2005. Tropical Tag is a variation of Sheep Tag.
The basic hunters hunt down prey concept is maintained. The differences are seen in the variety of things that the Fish and Naga are able to do or build. Different environments also play a major role in this deviation. Tropical Tag is a lot more complex then Sheep Tag which helps to preserve its lasting appeal.
Here are some key features of "Warcraft 3 Map - Tropical Tag":
· Pick from one of six Fish or four Naga.
· Each custom unit has their own unique abilities and characteristics.
· A beautiful terrain enchances the gameplay experience.
· No memory leaks, this map will not build up lag as you play.
· JASS enchanced spells add to the uniqueness of abilities.
· A host of common Tag problems fixed. This includes boring hunters, abusable farm locations, lack of lasting appeal and many others.
· A very polished map. You will not find tooltip errors or hotkey conflicts here.
· The game has gone through several months of balancing, and at this point is mostly balanced.
· A large tech tree for Fish buildings. With extensive upgrades for a variety of base farms, you have several different paths you can take when building.
· The Fish have access to many different items via a buildable item shop which yeilds yet another element to Fish gameplay.
· The Naga also have access to their own item shop. Unlike other tags, the items available to the Naga are quite fun (Blink, Fish Hook, Stasis Traps etc.)
· Custom fog, water color, ambient sounds, shadows and critters enhance gaming environment
· The environment is supported by periodic random weather effects.
· An intimidating volcano adds an interesting element of randomness to the gameplay.
· There is now a greater importance to dying/saving for Fish which has been influenced by punishment and rewards.
· Has been updated since November 2005 and will continue to be until completion.
· Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne