An exciting new feature of TC2M will be carryover in scenarios or connected battles. New carryover scenarios will start with the men that survived the previous day's battle.
This means that your command decisions will have repercusions in the future. TC2M will also include 2 other crucial battles of the 2nd Manassas Campaign: Cedar Mountain and Chantilly.
Here are some key features of "Take Command: 2nd Manassas Demo":
· The three most important battles of the 2nd Manassas Campaign
· The Battle of Cedar Mountain: August 9 (3+ Historical Scenarios)
· The Battle of 2nd Manassas: August 28-30 (14+ Historical + "What if?" scenarios)
· The Battle of Chantilly: September 2 (3+ Historical scenarios)
· Linked Scenario Tree (carryover): Results of one battle carryover into the next
· 8 Gigantic battlefield maps based on the historical records from the Library of Congress; the most accurate American Civil War battlefield maps available in a PC game detailed to the very last feature available.
· 3 Modes of game play: Historical, Open Play, & Custom/User Created battles
· Control thousands of troops and direct them over 3D terrain (including Generals, Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery and Suppply Wagons)
· 63 different types of weapons - all historically modeled based on range, accuracy, reliability, and rate of fire
· 10 new uniforms (including the Iron Brigade & Zouaves, etc)
· Highly acclaimed Tactical & Strategic AI
· New cavalry commands: Scouting, Screening, Guarding, & Raiding
· Open Play mode for endless replay ability
· Adaptive AI: the enemy troops' next move is completely based on your actions
· Completely Free-Form Camera: view the entire battlefield from any vantage point at any time
· Players are able to create & share their own custom made scenarios
· Unparalleled modding capability
· All 3D directional sounds: hear not only the battle you are taking part in, but also what is happening at other locations and all across the battle field
· Terrain affects combat (defensive bonus, marching speed, fatigue and elevation bonuses, etc)
· Player is actually in the game, playing as a historical commander
· Each officer has 5 traits that affect personality, performance and tactical decision making on the battlefield.