StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will do battle across the galaxy, as each faction struggles for survival.
Featuring a unique single-player campaign that picks up where StarCraft: Brood War left off, StarCraft II presents a cast of new heroes and familiar faces in an edgy sci-fi story filled with adventure and intrigue.
In addition, Blizzard will again offer unparalleled online play through Battle.net, the company's world-renowned gaming service, with several enhancements and new features to make StarCraft II the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.
NOTE: In order to play you will need a valid Battle.net account.
Here are some key features of "StarCraft II: Starter Edition":
· Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
· Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
· New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
· Groundbreaking single-player campaign
· Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
· Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
· Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
· Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs)
· CPU: 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
· 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better
· 12 GB available HD space
· 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users)
· DVD-ROM drive
· Broadband Internet connection
· 1024X720 minimum display resolution
· DirectX 9.0c
· The first four missions of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty single-player campaign, including Mar Sara 1-3 and the choice to embark on Tychus's first mission or Dr. Hansen's first mission.
· The first two Challenges: Tactical Command and Covert Ops.
· Access to the terran race in Custom Games and Single-Player vs. AI.
· Access to the following custom maps (map selection may rotate over time): Xel’Naga Caverns, Shattered Temple, Discord IV, High Orbit